Conviction Override

HCKull

Diabloii.Net Member
Conviction Override

If I run level 28 conviction my aura will overrde Meph's and I will not be affected by his conviction.

Will a party member who stands next to me be protected from Meph's conviction also ?

Full_Circle

Diabloii.Net Member
Theoretically speaking...

IF your conviction DID overwrite meph's, it would be because you had it active. Your party member would not have it active, so he would aquire Meph's aura.

However, I'm too lazy to research it, so I'll just assume that Meph's aura will affect you both.

bogie

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, it works the same as PVP, and in PVP the higher lvl conviction cancels out the conviction aura completely, so that the enemy no longer has it, so yes, the conviction aura WILL cancel out mephs, and by all means should cancel his out so that your friend is fine as well.

Bogie,

HCKull

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, it works the same as PVP, and in PVP the higher lvl conviction cancels out the conviction aura completely, so that the enemy no longer has it, so yes, the conviction aura WILL cancel out mephs, and by all means should cancel his out so that your friend is fine as well.

Bogie,
Thanks. That helps lots.

Kull

MoUsE_WiZ

Diabloii.Net Member
IF your conviction DID overwrite meph's, it would be because you had it active. Your party member would not have it active, so he would aquire Meph's aura.
The bug could also theoretically work in that since your conviction aura is displayed on meph, it causes his to not be active, and in that case it would protect the friend as well.

That said I've yet to see any evidence of any kind that this bug actually exists, and I'd be skeptical of trusting it.

HCKull

Diabloii.Net Member
The bug could also theoretically work in that since your conviction aura is displayed on meph, it causes his to not be active, and in that case it would protect the friend as well.

That said I've yet to see any evidence of any kind that this bug actually exists, and I'd be skeptical of trusting it.

I am positive that when two chars have the same aura the strongest aura overides the other. This is not a bug. It is the way the game is supose to work.

My question was about other chars in my party. Does my conviction protect them ?

Halas

Diabloii.Net Member
Maybe just go ahead and test it yourself with a friend? Let us know the results!

Hp_Sauce

Diabloii.Net Member

Bogie,
Well color me surprised!

Guess I learned my "something new" for today! I certainly didn't learn it in school this morning.

-hps

MoUsE_WiZ

Diabloii.Net Member
I am positive that when two chars have the same aura the strongest aura overides the other. This is not a bug. It is the way the game is supose to work.
Yes, but the displayed conviction on a pally or monster that has it active isn't necessarily considered the same aura as as the one on afflicted targets. Same graphic does not necessarily = same aura.

This bug has been theorized about for ages and I am yet to see anyone prove it. And yes, if it does work, it is a bug.