Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Conviction aura questions

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Squix, Feb 5, 2004.

1. Squix

Squix IncGamers Member

Conviction aura questions

In pvp, does conviction actually lower other player's defence by 90% (at lvl 20), making you almost guaranteed to hit them? What about vs. bosses like Baal? Are there any situations where it doesn't work exactly as it says it does? Will this make up for crappy AR in all situations?

If you've got all the IAS you need, and your damage is decent w/o an aura, would this not be a great aura to use as your main one, even if you're doing physical damage only? I just want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious before I commit points towards this aura.

2. Squix

Squix IncGamers Member

Sorry, I have another conviction question. How long does it take to activate on enemies? About as long as holy freeze takes to chill guys for the first time? This might not work so well if I'm relying on it activating before I land my first charge (as in it activates as I'm charging in).

3. cthrag

cthrag IncGamers Member

If you're using charge then conviction most likely won't activate in time for the first hit - it takes about 1-2 seconds to activate normally.

If you're doing only physical damage then unless your chance to hit is really bad then I really don't think conviction is a good choice. Fanatacism will give you extra attack rating too, as well as a lot of extra damage, and hence would work better for almost any physical-damage based build.

4. Any1

Any1 Banned

AFAIK, there is no Conviction-immune monsters or a Conviction reduction for PvP.

You're correct, Conviction is an incredible aura. People did use to use it for physical damage attacks, back in 1.09 when you could "flash" it.

5. Raven-Hood

Raven-Hood IncGamers Member

Although fanat might help your pure phys damage out more then convict, especially with charge since you have that huge ar bonus, convict will help almost everyone else a lot more then fanat.

Just a twist of the argument, is it more important for one person to do his best, or for the others to go beyond their maximum potential.

Raven-Hood