Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Conviction aura cancel out vs uber mephisto

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Darkshamangarrosh, May 24, 2016.

1. Darkshamangarrosh

Darkshamangarrosh Diabloii.Net Member

What if both players/monsters have the equal level of conviction( lvl 20) lets say vs uber mephisto

Would a level 20 conviction cancel out uber mephisto's lvl 20 conviction?

Amazonbasin is down but through cached...I get

Despite what the character screen displays, higher level Conviction will only prevent a hostile lower level being applied if higher level is active before it is applied, and equal level never prevents hostile Conviction being applied.

Equal level never prevents hostile convction being applied means? Does it mean if my lvl 20 conviction applied after uber mephisto's it would cancel it out and I would not be affected by it?

2. Zenigma

Zenigma Diabloii.Net Member

Pretty sure that means you need to have at least a level 21 conviction and you need it on before you would normally be affected by Meph's aura to prevent it in this circumstance

3. twillight

twillight Diabloii.Net Member

"equal level never prevents hostile Conviction being allpied" means what is written: if the level is equal, the aura hostile towards Traget X will take effect. If you and UberM have the same Conv-aura two things canhappen depending on the actual coding, and in both cases you, the player will suffer resistance-loss:
    - either only you loose resistance
    - or both you and UberM loose resistance.

4. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

If that's true, it means that if you activate conviction while in Meph's aura, it won't cancel it even if it's of a higher level. I think that in that case, you would have to leave the area of effect, switch your aura on and then come back.

I'm not sure and I might be wrong, but a higher level aura might only protect its originator, not the party members.

Anyway, I think it's better to overstack resists than to invest into a L21 conviction aura. You can achieve that with Smoke and five 15 allres GCs, for example.