Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

conviction aura and lower resist stackable?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by limitedwhole, Aug 29, 2006.

1. limitedwhole

limitedwhole IncGamers Member

conviction aura and lower resist stackable?

Hey, am making an trying to design a tri-elementalist that uses mana shield. In order to maximize damage I need to reduce enemy resists. Infinity polearm on merc is obvious. Would an item on switch with lower resist charges stack with the conviction aura? What is the max number of charges and what level can you get lower resist at? Thanks for any help. B

2. WrathTalon

WrathTalon IncGamers Member

Hi Limitedwhole,

I'm afraid that I don't know anything about wands with Lower Resist charges. But I do know that the Lower Resist curse DOES stack with Conviction. (It's the only way to break the fire immunity of the Venom Lords in Chaos Sanct, for example.)

3. sirpoopsalot

sirpoopsalot IncGamers Member

- they do stack, but both work at 20% effectiveness when breaking an immunity. In other words, the monster will still be left with a very high resistance.

- I'm not sure of the maximum # of charges, or the ilvl they spawn at. You may be able to find that info on www.d2data.net.

- I do know that you can get level 2 LR charges fairly easily, but level 3 LR charges are an ilvl99 affix - which means they're significantly harder to come across. The only way I know to get lvl3 charges are:
    1) you can purchase them with a lvl95+ character from a shop
    2) Any monster with a mlvl99+ (Hell Baal, etc.) can drop the appropriate wand. If it's magical, you can use the 3PGem recipe to reroll those wands and respawn the mods.

FYI, I've never tried Infinity (I play single-player, self-found runes only), but I've tried using LR charges before. Honestly, for PvM it's much less hassle to just go with a 2-tree build to tackle immunes. Charges are really a pain in the ***.