Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Convicted Carpenter

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by Ax2Grind, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Convicted Carpenter

The regular I play with mentioned a hammerdin (sorry about the name use) mowing down monsters using Conviction, presumably to lower magic resistance. I was told that aura didn't affect magic resistance and, so, didn't put another thought into it. Is a Sludgehammer build best with a Holy Freeze warrior using Infinity the best way to go or is this a hoax?

2. Sharaz

Sharaz IncGamers Member

uh... in what difficulty? i personally dont think ive ever seen a hammerdin in hell using anything but concentration... for obvious reasons.

3. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

Conviction will only lower elemental damage. Elemental damage is fire, cold and lightning damage it does not include poison or magic damage.

4. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

Yes, and most of them don't even have a clue about Diablo-2 --- if you have at least 2 hammerdins in a party, you can be pretty sure that both of them use Concentration...

5. Sharaz

Sharaz IncGamers Member

OMG nothing more irritating when pallys cant work together. you got your lvl 68 who is comming up, and decided to max conc last... running along with your lvl 90 who is leading the run who is long since maxed...

when i lead with my pally i have to keep my char screen open so i can see when those tards shows me its time to re-cast my conc. :uhhuh: (or i can ignore it... and take the 4k hit against my dmg potential heh)

6. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon IncGamers Member

Sludgehammer? That's a new one. But it does stand out since it is a pally build that doesn't have "din" attached to it.

Whatever happened to the cool build names like redeemer and vindicator?

7. wookie919

wookie919 IncGamers Member

Re-cast concentration? I thought when there are more than one aura of the same type active, simply the higher level aura is chosen. Am I wrong?

8. helvete

helvete IncGamers Member

You are right, and this guy has mixed up auras, and how warcries used to work.

...and CURSES on the one that said "Sludgehammer".... He made me download an episode of the good old TV show "Sledge Hammer".... and now I can't find more than half of them lying around!! I even ignore poor quality and the finnish subtitling most of them have! I _must_ get the rest of it!!

(btw, in Norway, downloading pirated music and movies is legal, as long as it is only for personal use.)