Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Converting a friend to the SPF

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by neumein, Sep 6, 2006.

1. neumein

neumein IncGamers Member

Converting a friend to the SPF

I have a certain anonymous friend who shall remain nameless *cough*pete*cough cough*

He is an absolute legend at the game, and I think he would be a most valuable addition to the SP forums. He doesn't play b.net or anything, just single player, generally untwinked, generally / players 8. His skill is nothing short of exemplary.

As a couple examples, he took a necromancer well into hell difficulty without corpse explosion (on a summoner build)! He has also taken an assassin through the entire game without using any charge up skills at all, and he had no crushing blow, and only 4% life leach!

I feel that we could all benefit from his wisdom :)brainiac:). I just need a way to get him to join the SP forums. I have told him about the SPF a couple of times now, and all he does is 'think about it'

If it is not against forum rules or anything, I would like people to start posting, I don't know, encouragement, or other such messages to Pete here, and once the amount of messages reaches a good length, I'll send Pete the link in an email, so he can check out the friendly people here at the SPF and maybe join up.

</begging for help>

2. diablo loves donutz

diablo loves donutz IncGamers Member

PETE!!! IF YOU JOIN THE FORUMS...I WILL GIVE YOU ONE MILLIOn GAZILLION BILLION DOLLHAIRS!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

wasup neumein, hehe, come on ole pete, join up. Thse forums rock and It would be awesome if you'd team up with me and a few others and neumein when we play untwinked.

*Insert Generic encouragement/compliment*

The SPF needs you!

3. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

I'm sorry Neumein, but that doesn't sound too impressive. I'm a bit skeptical, not at it being possible, but...
    Because my summoner went for quite a while without corpse explosion because I didn't want to invest in it heavily until near the end of the game. The only hard bit would've been getting the army, in which case Pindle's dead ground thingy would've helped, or just go to act 1 and kill a fallen to start off. Once the armies begun, there's not much difficulty or need for CE if you want to take it really slowly.

Next, my assassin finished hell without once using a chargup skill with about -90 resists!
    And both of mine were in HC.

Most of us use players8, at least till the end of normal, some well through NM.

Basically, what you are saying doesn't leave a big impression on me. Pete, prove me wrong, and join the forums!!! :D
    If he does join, I'll welcome him, but could you give some more impressive examples? And is he a SC or HC player?

Not trying to be rude or anything, but... I just am. :grin: Nah, it just doesn't do much for me.
    Thanks if you can prove me wrong.

4. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Yes, I am with Drystan. Pete should compete with other SPF regulars in some tourneys to prove his abilities.

Now the gauntlet is thrown! :wink3:

5. SiTro

SiTro IncGamers Member

I will trade him a light mana potion for the price of an intro thread. I'm not kidding either.

6. herobomberman

herobomberman IncGamers Member

this one time at rogue camp...

7. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

@ SiTro - this is *not* the trade forum. :tongue:

@pete - Well, I understand your reluctance to join. To finally admit you are hooked by little groups of pixels with other little groups of pixels. (Anyone remember when that would have been sprites?)

And maybe, you feel you are just not weird enough for the SPF. You might be right. But we all started out as semi-sane beings with no desire to spam.

After being here a while, you get drawn into the insanity and need to see your little avatar everywhere. And you become ...

A forumite

It's nothing to be scared of. Most of the times the symptoms aren't that noticeable. It helps if you have net access at work; reduces the shakes.

But comeone, join our army of the undead ... ahem, I mean ... oh no ... time for my pills ... :jig:

:wave:

8. RedArchon

RedArchon IncGamers Member

Braaaaaaaains! :evil:

Come on Pete, you know you want a brain sandwich! :prop:

9. zarfen

zarfen IncGamers Member

I think the 2 post above is a proof of this forums total wackyness :rolleye:

oh crap, its those dudes in white robes again, and they are bringing that longarmed sweather! *runs away*

10. SiTro

SiTro IncGamers Member

I keep mixing them up... Can I buy your silence with a normal mana potion?

11. Thyiad

No, but I can trade you directions *to* the trade forum ...:grin:

12. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

Wow, what a relief! I thought it was only me. :grin: hehehe.
    Yeah, it's not so bad here. They pull out a little piece of your brain, and then you just enjoy being here. And if you don't, your shins'll be a little sore and you get time to enjoy it. :)
    Friendly people, cute kittens, rockin' bands. :)
    You soon enjoy revelling in the insane mutterings of everyone else, especially in the EMB. :)

Anyway Pete, you really have to show us (a bunch of weirdos and crazies who you don't know) that you are much better than neumein made you out to be. :thumbsup:
    Join us, be one of us. something errother... Where did I get that from?

*Walks off muttering mystery calculations and memories that he can't remember*

13. SiTro

SiTro IncGamers Member

Got an ISO along with that?

And yeah, Pete, you also need to show us how your skill combines with our insanity. It's not enough to take a summoner through the game without CE anymore, these days the kids reckon you don't need equipment either.

Resistance is useless!

14. Mursilis

Mursilis IncGamers Member

You all realize of course that if Pete is the shy type you've just scared him away

However, we are not all quite as insane as those posting above. Many of us do more lurking than posting and when we do post we get into meaningful conversations. There are quite a few examples of such threads on this forum. Granted I personally don't post much as everyone else beats me to it and makes any points I would have. Which is why...

...sometimes I do also post from time to time to just see my avatar :grin:

15. Drystan

Drystan IncGamers Member

He can join you in the meaningfuls if he'd like, Mursilis, but I'll stay with the mini-indoor pool I found under a table in the EMB thanks. :cool:
    Or was that spilled beer when I was drunk? :rolleyes:

Seriously though, nothing to be afraid of. Except maybe being addicted to this forum :) but even that's not bad. Join us, post a bit and see what you like.
    One thing though, I'll be trying to start up an upside-down velco limbo competition in the EMB by next week. Be awesome fun, and a must for all SPF'ers! You have to join for that. :thumbsup: heheheh.

16. Thyiad

ISO: Sanity?

Who needs skills
    Really, who needs them?

Personally, I like resistances. Maxed preferably. But I am a wimp.:grin:

17. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Seriously wtf is this thread about?

18. zarfen

zarfen IncGamers Member

about a little girl, who are heading to her grandma with some goodies in a basket, but along the way a sneaky wolf see's her, and decides to go ahead and lure the girl with a trap, he eats up grandma and lays in her bed, and when the girl comes to visit her grandma, the wolf pretended to be the grandma...
    to be continued...

:hide:

19. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe IncGamers Member

edit: removed silly spam post. :rolleyes:

20. Repusz

Repusz IncGamers Member

OK, here goes: 'Hey Pete, I bet you aren't good enough...:p'