Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Convert chars from HC to SC

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by winmar, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winmar

winmar IncGamers Member

Convert chars from HC to SC

Hello everyone!

Im thinking of going from HC to SC. The reason is that i have alot less time to play this game nowdays wich means that i dont have time to rebuild chars and do 174658393 meph-runs to get my items back.

And frankly, most HC deaths are due to extremely unlucky unique monster-rolls that will kill you in one shot. Not because you play bad.

But the dilemma is that i find SC to be meaningless. So i will still play SC like if it was HC. Death will still be seen as a huge failure and i will build towards survivability and not damage.

So my questions is, can you convert your HC-chars to SC?

Thanks in advance, WinMar.

2. DarkChaos

DarkChaos IncGamers Member

You can't convert HC characters to SC characters.

3. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

No, well, not legitamately as far as I know, and if you could it would be extremely cheesy, moving HC items to SC seems to be accepted around here though, even though it is not particularly well liked so you could do that I suppose. If you want to start playing SC I would just recommend a clean start.

The way I see this is be prepared for the worst, ie load up on damage reduction gear and stack resistances so if the worst happens you can deal with it.

4. winmar

winmar IncGamers Member

I dont see how it is cheesy, it doesnt change anything. It doesnt matter if you play SC from the start or if you change from HC to SC beacuse it will be just the same. Its another story if you start with SC and switch to HC.

But if i cant do it legitamately i will go for a clean start.

I agree with you, i use the safest gear possible. But even a wind druid with huge life, stacked resists, DR and a 1.5k cyclone armor can be dropped by some nasty multiple shot enemy. This happend to me recently, that time i managed to survive though. But it got me thinking that i will not be able to invest XX-hours on another wind druid if this one should get killed.

5. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

A lot of people see HC and SC as two different games, so the items shouldn't cross between the two. Its up to you though, your computer, you can do what you like, and to be honest, I don't think you would be banned from trading/mping either, probably best to let anybody you interact with know though incase they don't like it.

6. nebux

nebux IncGamers Member

do it and then move them to classic, after to 1.01 for real cheese

7. Feetstench

Feetstench IncGamers Member

There used to be a way to convert charcters from Bnet to SP, is it still available?

8. Milb

Milb IncGamers Member

Nope, not without cheating or using some sort of Hero Editor.

9. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

There is no legit way to transfer the character HC->SC (or the other way).
    It might be done via editors, but we don't allow to discuss these things. That's why I am going to close this thread.

My comments first.
    Moving items between HC->SC is being frowned upon here too, and I guess that most people would not trade with people doing these HC<->SC item switches.

winmar: I really suggest not to do any switches. If you want to play SC, start fresh. "Playing SC like it would be HC" - well that's quite different from HC in my opinion. Either you like playing HC or not....

Also I think that there was never any way to transfer characters from BNET (closed/ladder) to SP unless there were some exceptions from Blizzard admins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.