Constricting Ring

Mattamore

Diabloii.Net Member
Constricting Ring

I read somewhere that the ring has been disabled in 1.08.
can we get it in 1.07, in this case, where, nilhatak(H) ? baal(H)?
 

Ravenforce3

Diabloii.Net Member
Constricting rings can only be found in .07. They were removed from the drop list for .08 and subsequently never went on realms. While heavily bugged on the realms up until about six months ago, this ring can only be dropped by Nilithalk and Baal in hell. Some claim that you can find them from chests in late Act Five (same thing as rack running without the racks.)

For more info, click this link.
 

Death_Dealer

Diabloii.Net Member
Ravenforce3 said:
Constricting rings can only be found in .07. They were removed from the drop list for .08 and subsequently never went on realms. While heavily bugged on the realms up until about six months ago, this ring can only be dropped by Nilithalk and Baal in hell. Some claim that you can find them from chests in late Act Five (same thing as rack running without the racks.)

For more info, click this link.
lol, did you read the info on that page?

Is the Constricting Ring enabled?
No, it's not now and has never been droppable. We have it listed on our Unique Rings page, and the ring's full stats are listed in the game files, but it has a 0, instead of a 1, in the "completed" column in uniqueitems.txt, the actual game file that sets the properties on Unique items, which makes it undroppable. Anyone who knows anything about MPQ extracting or mod-making can verify this in 30 seconds, and enable it to drop in their Off-realm games while they are at it. (Info about mod-making found in our SP FAQ.)
 
even if it were enabed, with its current stats, i dont think id be to happy about wearing it unless i had at least enough life regen to combat it or enough leech on a melee character. in near death experiences in HC, this ring would fish you off, killing you at over 3 hp per second. if you are under high poison attack your life will go down extremely quickly.
 

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member
for a modder it would be easy to make it droppable again.


myself i wouldnt use it either.

i found it in diablo 1 and there it was even worst.
 

Mattamore

Diabloii.Net Member
farting bob said:
even if it were enabed, with its current stats, i dont think id be to happy about wearing it unless i had at least enough life regen to combat it or enough leech on a melee character. in near death experiences in HC, this ring would fish you off, killing you at over 3 hp per second. if you are under high poison attack your life will go down extremely quickly.
3hp/sec when you've more than 1000, its really nothing...
For a melee char, you leech at least 150hp per hit (at lvl 95 :D), and for a caster, drinking a healing pot every minutes (180hp lost) isnt really a pb.
for the poison damage, i think the 100% to all res on the ring are enough to lose less life than without the ring.
If the ring is enabled on 1.07 ill search for it, for sure, my current char can run baal pretty quickly.
 

MorbidDoom

Diabloii.Net Member
I dunno, if it could legitly drop I might use it. I have a few characters that are geared more towards pure +skills gear (yea you, skelliemancer) so their resists comletely suck in Hell. A ring with 100% res all would be perfect for them...besides, most of my chars have so much life that the 3 hp/sec drain would be nothing to them, and with my Skelliemancer, he just barely gets hit anyway so it wouldn't be a big deal...

The real question is, why did Blizz even code the thing in when they don't allow it to be dropped? Seems like a waste of a good one minute to me.
 

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
MorbidDoom said:
The real question is, why did Blizz even code the thing in when they don't allow it to be dropped? Seems like a waste of a good one minute to me.
Probably the same reason that there are all those disabled magic affixes in the MPQs... it's too hard to balance things so we'll just disable them altogether. Much easier :)

Similar logic holds for why the Thief ability was removed from De Seis - too hard to fix so just cut it out.
 

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member
MorbidDoom said:
I dunno, if it could legitly drop I might use it. I have a few characters that are geared more towards pure +skills gear (yea you, skelliemancer) so their resists comletely suck in Hell. A ring with 100% res all would be perfect for them...besides, most of my chars have so much life that the 3 hp/sec drain would be nothing to them, and with my Skelliemancer, he just barely gets hit anyway so it wouldn't be a big deal...

The real question is, why did Blizz even code the thing in when they don't allow it to be dropped? Seems like a waste of a good one minute to me.
they found that it was to uber to let it be able to drop as a person with 2 of them would have a very easy time in hell.

or what do you think??

+100% Resistance To All
+15% Maximum Resistance To All
-30 Life Drain (-2.93 life/sec)
+100% Better chance of getting magical item


i say its overpowered
 

MorbidDoom

Diabloii.Net Member
lone_wolf said:
they found that it was to uber to let it be able to drop as a person with 2 of them would have a very easy time in hell.

or what do you think??

+100% Resistance To All
+15% Maximum Resistance To All
-30 Life Drain (-2.93 life/sec)
+100% Better chance of getting magical item


i say its overpowered
My Zealot doesn't have one and he still finds Hell very easy...except those damn Oblivion Knights, and resists don't help against that :\
 

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member
MorbidDoom said:
My Zealot doesn't have one and he still finds Hell very easy...except those damn Oblivion Knights, and resists don't help against that :\
nah he should use something like

Witchwild String
Diamond Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 85 to 103
Required Dexterity: 132
Required Strength: 89
Required Level: 61
Bow Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0xc67a1434
GUID: 0xddcf93a6 0x958f88b2 0x0
+159% Enhanced Damage
All Resistances +40
Required Level +7
Fires Magic Arrows
2% Chance to cast Level 5 Amplify Damage on striking
84% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)
Socketed (2: 0 used)

against annoying things when under im
 

MorbidDoom

Diabloii.Net Member
lone_wolf said:
nah he should use something like

Witchwild String
Diamond Bow
Two-Hand Damage: 85 to 103
Required Dexterity: 132
Required Strength: 89
Required Level: 61
Bow Class - Normal Attack Speed
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: **
Fingerprint: 0xc67a1434
GUID: 0xddcf93a6 0x958f88b2 0x0
+159% Enhanced Damage
All Resistances +40
Required Level +7
Fires Magic Arrows
2% Chance to cast Level 5 Amplify Damage on striking
84% Deadly Strike (Based on Character Level)
Socketed (2: 0 used)

against annoying things when under im
Actually he uses a Hellrack, but the 3800 dmg he does with it is meager...doesn't kill nearly as fast as his 4 fpa Zeal, so OKs are still very annoying. My Frenzy barb has no probs with the OKs though, he just uses War Cry on them, they stunned, can't cursed while stunned, so they die then he cleans up the Doom Knights ;)
 
having 2 of them would guarentee 95 to all res in hell, and that would save alot of equiptment and charms. 200% mf just on rings wuld be a bithigh. maybe like the anny, they should enable it but you cant have 2. and -3 life per sec may not seem liek much if you have 1000, or 3000+ for wearbear druids, but if you get attacked by a pack of champion archers or whatever dealing 100% phys dmg, and there are 6 of them, the odds are your not going o be able to block them all and so will take heavy dmg. this could take you to 100 life, and with droppng 3 life per second you'll need rejuvs to get back up to that 1000 life before you die.
id rather have 60-75 res in hell and be assured that i wont have to worry about killign myself.
 

Thrugg

Diabloii.Net Member
You can be as sure as you like, but I've got the 1.07 files right here in front of me and it lists Constricting Ring as disabled.

Rings are in a TC that anyone can drop, the only requirement for rings is that the monster has high enough mlvl to drop the ring's quality level. For the CR it would be 95, which is seriously high, but not impossible.

But the 0 in the "completed" column makes that a moot point anyway. It doesn't drop in unmodded 1.07.
 

Boddah_khan

Diabloii.Net Member
Time for some MPQ diving: Ok, after extracting the d2exp.mpq off my expansion cd, and extracting uniqueitems.txt, it seems that the constricting ring CANNOT drop. The "completed" header value was set to 0. So, it seems that it is beyond you. Interesting though, looking in the 1.10 uniqueitems.txt, lots of uniques that have been edited out. Wonder what they were, especially this "Warriv's Warder" :cool: . Cheers!

edit: Thrugg beat me to it.
 

lone_wolf

Diablo: IncGamers Member
Boddah_khan said:
Time for some MPQ diving: Ok, after extracting the d2exp.mpq off my expansion cd, and extracting uniqueitems.txt, it seems that the constricting ring CANNOT drop. The "completed" header value was set to 0. So, it seems that it is beyond you. Interesting though, looking in the 1.10 uniqueitems.txt, lots of uniques that have been edited out. Wonder what they were, especially this "Warriv's Warder" :cool: . Cheers!

edit: Thrugg beat me to it.
yeah i saw that one too and hasent seen any info at all about any item with that name.

@thugg i only have the 1.10 files so couldnt check as far as i know more then in uniqueitems.txt or did i miss something??

EDIT: spelling
 
Top