Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Connection Interupted Every Uber Game...

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by oc ali, May 28, 2008.

1. oc ali

oc ali IncGamers Member

Connection Interupted Every Uber Game...

Ok I'm getting just about tired of this crap...

Since coming back I did torch runs for money...but lately that cannot happen.

I have had about 7 games crash with uber-trist up while killing them, along with my friend. One of which we got a perfect pally torch, but the game crashed after killing them.

That made me mad and all, but now I can't even get the organs. While in the furnace the game crashed...so we lost another key-set.

I'm not sure if this is a recurring problem with the server or what, but I'm pretty agitated. The game never crashes, unless we're doing ubers.

Oh and one time we made the 3 portals in the same game, and the Sands disappeared so we only had 2 portals for some reason. This only happened once though.

Any suggestions?

2. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

Re: Connection Interupted Every Uber Game...

First, are you using a torch, or anything thing that can use slow-down?

Also, after getting the torch, it is customary to immediately exit game (simply to prevent game crashing causing you to lose torch).

3. Jake the Quinceeater

Jake the Quinceeater IncGamers Member

I'm surprised you are having these issues with only two characters in the game ... like AnimeCraze says, you may have to take your torch out of your inventory if you are a melee character, but be wary of the stat boost you are loosing -- you might not want your items strength glitched in case you die. (I don't use a torch on uber-characters so that I can pick up the torch dropped in any case.)

However, the easiest solution is to wait in the game for 5 minutes before opening any of the portals, and to copy the game name (and password) before you enter the game. That way if you loose connection then the game will stay open without anyone in it for a while, and you can rejoin the game without a problem. But note that if you exit and rejoin a game with the same character too many times too quickly, you sometimes can't rejoin (it says that the game is full ... I don't know if this is a bug or not).

I actually always ctrl+c the game name of any game I am entering. Its a useful habit to get into.

4. Khelavaster

Khelavaster IncGamers Member

this is caused by getting too much spell lag from the creatures summoned by the ubers.

try to kill mephisto fast (much skeleton spell lag) then go to town and wait 30sec, then kill the other two evils.
    Kill them seperately! Lure them to the corners then kill.

You can prevent the interrupt by looking the smite sequence of your hero. When he often pauses his attacks then you will know thats too much lag already. Run 1 screen away and kill the evil there.
    Or better, get a friend, who kills the minions fast.
    We do so.

5. Jake the Quinceeater

Jake the Quinceeater IncGamers Member

This may sound obvious but don't open more than one portal in any one place (e.g. at your stash) ... the portals end up on top of one another and you can't go through one of them.

6. Stevomoo

Stevomoo IncGamers Member

i have done that a few times it sucks