Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Confusion about some sets

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by trihero, Sep 29, 2006.

1. trihero

trihero IncGamers Member

Confusion about some sets

I was just looking through the stats on some sets and I was wondering what sort of builds they cater to: :scratch:

1. Sander's Folly - is the folly here to wear the set? I'm not sure where this set is going, the set bonus is lots of caster stuff, but the item bonuses themselves are geared towards melee combat or something. I could see a drummer barb with 2 wands since they do +25-75 cold damage each, but otherwise I couldn't think of a build it really caters to? :rolleyes:

2. Griswold's Redemption - just not sure where the best way to go with this set would be. Not a hammerdin, I guess any sort of melee paladin? Tons of resists yikes! 3 diamonds in the shield is +102 from the shield, then +50 from the set, and then +30 from quest is already past 75% on hell! :laugh:

3. Naj's set - hmm, real confused here too. The set looks like a non-sorc caster set with the % to mana, teleport charge, and +skills, but the staff has massive damage. Good for some sort of zealadin or something? :hanky:

2. DIIRob

DIIRob IncGamers Member

2. Griswold's Legacy: I find this set compliments an avenger, frost zealot, and/or fanatic zealot fairly well. Ok, so a one-handed avenger isn't my style at all, but I hear good things :wink3:

3. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

Never really used Sanders set except for perhaps the boots for twinking ... can't even remember anymore.

Never used Gris.

Naj's ... same there.

All in all, fairly uneventful stuff.

4. yiuman

yiuman IncGamers Member

Its true that a lot of the sets are a bit misconcieved, however I'm a fan of Sanders for low(ish) level casters, the 20fcr, 40frw and +1skills aren't bad. Of course you'd do better just to use the wand and boots and fill the other spaces with better equipment but if its all you got....

Griswalds is good for any mellee pally I think. The sheer number of sockets make it customisable for a number of builds. The caduceus is also one of the best weapons available for many druid and (I think) barb builds.

Naj's staff I think is mostly used on switch for the tele charges (for those without enigma or a godly ammy), the rest of the set is pretty much junk. By the time you are a high enough level to equip the set, you should really have better gear as it doesn't really cut it as either a caster set or a mellee set.

5. Naab

Naab IncGamers Member

Iirc Disconeck Ted made a really cookiecutterish min damage avenger from grizwolds set.He filled all the holes with +min damage jewels.

6. Pucho

Pucho Banned

7. jbarlak

jbarlak IncGamers Member

for the Gris set, I have all the sockets filled with + ed jewels. right now I am getting over +300% by having the sockets of helm, armor and weapon filled with them. with maxed fan. and zeal both @ level 33 i am doing up to 7k of damage, just fine for the non-physical immunes. And on switch i use a Famine Beserker Ax

8. Delreich

Delreich IncGamers Member

Gris filled with Sols and PDias suits an Abbot, what with all the PDR, res and skills you get.

9. trihero

trihero IncGamers Member

Sheesh lol grizwold's is already really hard to find since most of it is elite, then you have to find all the jewels too!