Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Confusing runes and life leech

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Darkmasta2005, Feb 1, 2004.

1. Darkmasta2005

Darkmasta2005 IncGamers Member

Confusing runes and life leech

Ok, now, one guy (sorry I don't remember the name) posted a fairly in depth rune guide, and it said countess in hell drops Lo at best, and Hepesto drops Zod (only if you are lucky, of course). The rune post on THIS forum states that the best you get is ist from countess in hell, and some other low rune from hephesto. I'm obviously choosing to believe the first guide, because it was more than 2 lines, and he seemed to know alot about it...and it's a beneficial truth (even if countess hell cannot drop up to Lo I'd keep doing it just for hope ^_^). So anyone can clarify this, very helpful.

Life Leech, Life Steal? One is based on damage, other on total hp. Is damage based on weapon damage that it says opposed to real damage you do with skills and str? (Like weapon says 50 - 100 dmg, but barb with 20 into mastery does liek 1000, which does it choose?) And which is which? Just like the crushing blow question, I forgot since 1.08 or so, and I didn't see it on the arreat summit, so though you guys (3 cheers for Shade!) would know.

Something else...oh well. I'll think of it later I'm sure.

Thanks in advance,

-DarkMasta2005

2. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

Countess goes up to Lo, but only if you're really lucky. Her 'special' drop goes up to Ist. Hephasto can drop up to Zod if you're lucky.

Life Leech and Life Steal are terms which are used interchangably, for the mod '% Life Stolen per Hit'. Both are based on the actual damage you deal, after all other modifiers (skills, stat bonuses, Physical Resistance of target).

3. Darkmasta2005

Darkmasta2005 IncGamers Member

Excellent! My rune runs will continue with higher faith of then that of a Paladin!

Steal, leech, ick. Confusing stuff, should just call it the same thing I says -_0

Remembered the question! I know Players 1 -8 works in single player...but does it work in solo passworded games? Same post about runes mentioned people braggin about what they found with players 8 and seemed to be on closed realm.

And, Countess's 'special drop'? You mean the one from the chest when you actually complete the quest?

Thanks!

4. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

/players x doesn't work on Realms, only in places where locally-stored characters can be used.

The Countess' special drop is part of her special TC - she drops up to 5 items, and also up to 3 runes seperately from those. The rune drop can drop up to Ist, the item drop can also drop runes, up to Lo.

(The chest in the Tower hardly ever drops anything worth mentioning...)