Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Confused

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Nilie, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Nilie

Nilie IncGamers Member

Confused

Took my Sorc to kill NM Diablo..which I did afer 3 deaths and my quest log reads..You will have to complete this quest in another game...is this a bug? This is my first try so I don't understand, can someone explain? I even got a nice pair of gloves off of him.

2. farting bob

farting bob Banned

youve probably been playing MP with him. if you have, someone must have killed diablo while you werent there, and you get credit for it.
    can you still move to act 5? if so, nothing lost.

3. Nilie

Nilie IncGamers Member

No I wasn't playing MP..and no, I can't move on to Act 5..this is really confusing.

4. Seryant

Seryant IncGamers Member

Think of it this way, you get a first-drop off of him again.

5. Nilie

Nilie IncGamers Member

I had a really hard time killing him the first time...it's costing me to revive my merc <sob> and even worse....what if it happens again??

6. farting bob

farting bob Banned

dont bother with merc, if he cant survive a minute fighting, he's not worth the money to revive him. id just run him again and if it still doesnt work, try crying.

7. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

he shouldn't be all that hard... just use static field to get him to a sliver of life while dropping meteors on his head. takes almost no time at all. FYI, the pink lightning bolt of death doesn't do much, if any, damage if you stand right next to diablo. you still gotta worry about the fire attack, but all you have to know for that is if he lifts his arms up and his hands are glowing, move a few steps to the side. you also want to make sure you have good lightning/fire resist.

edit: i don't know about your real problem... never had that happen. :scratch:

8. Nilie

Nilie IncGamers Member

Ok I got him the second time but I still wonder what happened the first time..and I'm sorry if this seemed like a dumb post ( obviously to one it did). Since I'm not able to play MP it just didn't make sense that I didn't move on to Act 5 so I wondered if it might be a bug. I'll be more cautious about posting from now on. BTW being female..my next option WAS crying <wink>

9. Crudesash68

Crudesash68 IncGamers Member

Welcome to the SPF! You know, most of us here are of the male variety, and we usually have to bash Diablo's head in to make him give us stuff. Can you let us know if crying works? Heck, I'll give anything a try....

Steve

10. Nilie

Nilie IncGamers Member

My big mistake was not getting close enouogh...he put some kind of "cage" around me and I was pretty much helpless at that point. The second time around I just ran up to him with static field, Meteor and it didn't take long to get him ...but hey if crying would work I'd use it. :lol:

11. TrenShadow

TrenShadow IncGamers Member

My guess is that he died while you were more than 1-2 screens from him (shards of FO, or a Meteor perhaps)? To get end of Act credit for any boss, you must be able to see him when he falls.

Glad to hear you got him the second time though :)

BTW, there's no such thing as a dumb question - post away milady *bows*

12. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

and kudos tren :clap: a better answer you're likeley not going to get, so remeber for the future act bosses, keep them close when they almost die :thumbsup:

robin

13. Nilie

Nilie IncGamers Member

Yes that's it, mystry solved. I didn't see him go down...whew thanks, I would have wondered about that for days. I cast and ran as I was trying to get my corpse so he was out of sight, I knew I had him down to a sliver of health.

Thank you for the kind words, M'Lord *curtsey's* but think I'll be a bit morre careful about what I post from now on. So many of you are "Veterans' here..or maybe I'll post in the Newcomer forum...at least I won't sound too dumb there..at least I hope so. What I don't know about this game I'm finiding out on a daily basis could fill a small library.

14. Vildecor

Vildecor IncGamers Member

I had something similar to that happen to me once. It was while I was in Act II. I had killed Radament in a previous session when I started playing my character again. I opened up the quest screen and it said the same thing: "You must complete this quest in another game" or something like that. I don't know why it happened. I'd already killed him before, but I gladly killed him again.

15. Crudesash68

Crudesash68 IncGamers Member

Don't worry about not posting; we are very kind to newcomers here, and as long as you don't ask about hacks or cheats, you will always find friendly, timely responses to your questions.

If you don't, just blame Durf.

Steve

16. TrenShadow

TrenShadow IncGamers Member

And you'll probably get faster responses, and often more accurate here than in the newcomer forum too. Especially since we now know that you qualify for Elite Unique status - we try to treat them extra well :D

17. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Hmm, if that's the case, I can then kill baal everytime with poision while I'm in town, so I can get first drop everytime? :scratch:

18. zelfmoordis

zelfmoordis IncGamers Member

Yeah, we're all veterans and stuff, don't waste our time! [/sarcasm]

And the newcomer forum is quite dead isn't it?

:wave:

19. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

I use a trapper and can kill off screen. I have had this happen multiple times in the second quest of act 5. I have to stay on screen until the barbs go through the portal otherwise it give me that message. If it didnt I would place the trap by the doorway and keep going.

20. HBeachBabe

HBeachBabe IncGamers Member

Nilie,
    welcome to the forum. there are no stupid q's here and the people are really nice. As a fellow (reletively) newbie & female I can vouch for the exceptional treatment we get her. :lady:

not sure if crying helps with killing Diablo, but it does often help get the veterans to send you stuff :)