Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

confused: Baranas vs lightsabre

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by whathappen, Feb 18, 2004.

1. whathappen

whathappen IncGamers Member

confused: Baranas vs lightsabre

My zealot (+fanatism) uses Baranas star and lightsabre They compare as follows:

LS: zeal damage with fanatism activated is: 1017-1905, 40% IAS (shael), Ignore Target Defense

BS: zeal damage with fanatism activated is: 1318-2487, 70% IAS (shael), 5% better chances to hit Duriel (Hell) than LS

OK, here is my confusion: I fought Duriel (Hell) and I was tanking it easily with the LS whereas having a bit of trouble with BS; I was forced to take health potions. So my leaching was better with the LS. I also seem to be doing more damage with the LS. I was expecting the BS to be better. Can someone explain plz? (yes, I know there are better weapons but this is what I have)

2. Hellian

Hellian IncGamers Member

maybe ignores targets def made the difference. I dont know if the calculation to hit that you see over the attack rating box takes that into acount? also elemental damage doesnt leach. (i think)

3. ch33s3 m4st3r

ch33s3 m4st3r IncGamers Member

itd doesnt work on bosses

4. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

Bstar should be doing more physical damage though, so it should leech more than LS, should it not?

5. breez

breez IncGamers Member

I vote for Nord's Tenderizer. It's better than Baranar's Star. Faster (shael or 15 ias juwel is all needed for 4fpa zeal with lvl20 fana, no ias from elsewhere needed), more physical damage, more elemental damage, freezes target, some cold absorb-%, almost as good AR-bonus. Downside is the missing 15 str/dex bonus :/

6. whathappen

whathappen IncGamers Member

I knew someone would say something like that or something like the ethereal zoed hammer blah blah blah.

In any rate from the responses even the breez's one seems that people think that Baranar's Star should be doing more damage. I'll probably have to play both more before jumping to conclusions.

7. Evanta

Evanta IncGamers Member

I'm guessing you didn't have enough IAS for Bstar to hit 4fps, and currently stuck at 5/6 fps, while the LS is hitting 4fps naturally without any aid from other equipment. That means the LS is hitting 20%-50% more often or so, which will make it perform better than the Bstar.

8. breez

breez IncGamers Member

That might be it. Calculator here http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/ is saying that around 80 ias is needed for Devil Star (Baranar's). Also, the Phase Blade reaches 4fpa even with the 20 ias it comes with.

(don't mind the german language, it's the topmost calc and there is eng version too :) )