Concerning char shared items

Baltha

Diabloii.Net Member
Concerning char shared items

I'm just curious to know if you try to find items with different fingerprints for all of your characters or you think that sharing items is fine.

Jaedhann

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Concerning char shared items

Sharing as in duping the item and giving it to another character?

No, not fine, never fine.

also, how much time does it take to mule the item to another char with Atma?

Baltha

Diabloii.Net Member

No, I was talking about muling it with Atma from char to char.

Jaedhann

Diabloii.Net Member

In that case it's fine. It might become a little timeconsuming if you switch around a lot of items around on alot of characters, but it's fine.

Almost all my characters use my CoH armor. It really gets switched around a lot.

kanonfutter

Diabloii.Net Member

I switch the important items, but try to have my active questing chars as battleworthy without switching as possible. MFers, on the other hand, get to share a lot of equip, since MF is all about optimizing anyway.

Drystan

Diabloii.Net Member

That's fine. All of my Guardians have retired in full battle gear, including charms and prebuff, although, if I get a high level rw or something, it'll be swapped.

Some people here strip off the character once mat/pat/guarded, and use some of it on a new char. It's all personal pref here.

Mursilis

Diabloii.Net Member
I like keeping any equipment on the character once they become a pat/mat/guardian. That way if I feel like taking them for a spin I don't have to hunt for their original equipment. I've been in enough MF tournaments that I'm not lacking in the normal gear department. But I haven't used any high end items yet on characters so haven't had to deal with that yet...

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member

I try to not move items around my characters, but there are exceptions...
It's really hard for me in department of runes (Um-like) and charms (resist charms, 2nd mod vita charms etc.) also I lack 15allres jewels... I am talking about ~50 characters, imagine the sufficient number of good charms for them.

Skinhead On The MBTA

Diabloii.Net Member

For me, it depends on how many of the item I have. If I have loads of the item (Like Cathan's Seal, which I tend to use as a life-leech solution) then I won't bother switching, but things like my only SoJ or BKWB will end up being switched (they've only been used once due to the fact that I've only recently found them).

Sharing between characters is fine in my book.

Peppe

Diabloii.Net Member

Any good way to swap belts with atma? Atma seems to eat all the potions.
The only belt i wish i could swap is arachnid mesh... i have one and a lot of characters could use it.

Ugla

Diabloii.Net Member

I honor the word unique and don't keep multiple instances of the same item.
..well, at least I try not to - it seems like I have two Ravenfrosts atm, although with different appearance. Don't tell Hrus :shhh:

Any non-grailers worth keeping go into the give-away stash, unless they have better stats than the original item, of course.

I deleted most of my characters, and only keep my favorite MF-builds for a longer period. But even those I tend to rebuild once upon a time :wink:

Only one or two top MFers are properly geared, along with the chars I'm playing. I switch the gear between them when needed.

TychoBrahe

Diabloii.Net Member

I mule across my Fortitude, near-perfect Raven Frost and 5% BK Ring all the time, but there are some staples that I keep on every character. My stashes aren't as deep as many around here, so sharing the best items helps a lot.

I usually run ATMA in the background without any character files open. It's just a matter of dragging and dropping. I can swap out whatever I need in a few seconds.

Eric Xanthu

Diabloii.Net Member

I tossed my Stormlash between 3 chars and now it's gone (I think via corpse-equipping). So...no. I don't move around stuff between characters much.

Tejadia

Diabloii.Net Member

I prefer my characters to be naked when not in use... so I do plenty of equipment swapping.

Nightfish

Diabloii.Net Member

I like how someone once suggested I should find items for each of my 49 guardians... :badteeth: No, I share my items...

Neksja

Diabloii.Net Member

I do also awful lot swapping, especially with merc gear. Always a hassle when I'm trying to find where are my lvl17 elite eth Insights :) I should do few more, because I use them very often.

But still, I rarely strip the whole characters. Usually just the versatile items like Ravenfrost, Harlequin Crest, Insight etc so if I want to use the character, I don't have to "hunt" for the whole equipment, just some pieces.

@Eric Xanthu, yaiks! Sorry for your loss. Gotta keep my high-end stuff in safe. *remembers that haven't done backups in 6 months...*

ElVingador

Diabloii.Net Member

I *never* share items between my chars. That's why I decided to make Fortitude in a Sacred Armor for my Titan Barbarian instead of the usual Archon Plate - style points FTW! :cool:

Same goes for my only HotO - it's my Hammerdin's, and only his. If I ever make a Wind Druid, he better pray that I find or cube another Vex.

Kedali

Diabloii.Net Member

Any good way to swap belts with atma? Atma seems to eat all the potions.
The only belt i wish i could swap is arachnid mesh... i have one and a lot of characters could use it.
I recently found out that Atma doesn't actually eat the potions, it just combines the potions and the belt. If you move the belt onto a new char, all the potions reappear.