Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Concentrator weapon

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by foofighter, Nov 15, 2006.

1. foofighter

foofighter Diabloii.Net Member

Concentrator weapon

Im starting out on a concentrator. I want to level fast so im on /players 8, but obviously this has consequences for my killing speed. Im level 24 in the maggot lair, and only doing 36-76 damage with conc. Lamentable! Any ideas on finding a better weapon, preferably an axe, definitely one handed? Shall i just gamble war axes? Is this damage rubbish for the maggot lair anyway, or is it just because im on players 8? I have basically no access to multiplayer cos some **** has nicked my cd key and plays on it 24/7!

2. SiTro

SiTro Diabloii.Net Member

What weapon are you using at the moment?

Level 24 isn't bad at all for the maggot lair. I normally kill Duriel sometime between 20 and 24, Meph between 24 and 27 and Diablo normally 28-30ish. Maybe I take on Diablo at too low a level more often than not, but Act 5 is a major levelling rush. Entering at around level 30 it's quite easy to stay there and get good experience until around level 50 or so.

So at your level I'd actually suggest /players 8 will be more of a hindrance to you than it will be useful for greater experience.

And yes, 76 max damage is quite low for Act 2 I normally find. But that all depends on how quickly you dish it out.

Any more information?

3. erics

erics Diabloii.Net Member

You can make a Holy Thunder:

4 Socket Scepters
    Eth + Ral + Ort + Tal

+60% Enhanced Damage
    -25% Target Defense
    Adds 5-30 Fire Damage
    Adds 21-110 Lightning Damage
    +75 Poison Damage Over 5 Seconds
    +10 To Maximum Damage
    Lightning Resistance +60%
    +5 To Maximum Lightning Resistance
    +3 To Holy Shock (Paladin Only)
    Level 7 Chain Lightning (60 Charges)

It'll give you a big boost in elemental damage and some decent physical damage. War scepters will give you four sockets. Also biggins bonnet will add a little more damage as well. You can also load up on some elemental damage charms.

Edit: or you can make:

King's Grace
    3 Socket Swords/Scepters
    Amn + Ral + Thul

+100% Enhanced Damage
    +100% Damage To Demons
    +50% Damage To Undead
    Adds 5-30 Fire Damage
    Adds 3-14 Cold Damage - 3 Second Duration
    +150 To Attack Rating
    +100 To Attack Rating Against Demons
    +100 To Attack Rating Against Undead
    7% Life Stolen Per Hit

4. Hoop76

Hoop76 Diabloii.Net Member

Take a lot of work to get those runes by act 2 though. Maybe not.
    If you did have an amn, you could make a strength. Or use probably the cheapest rune word. Tir and El to make steel. 50% open wounds will help alot more that youd think.

5. Llathias

Llathias Banned

Is this untwinked? Have you already invested in Axe Mastery? How many points do you have in Concentare and mastery?

For a concentrate barb, I'd definitely suggest a 2-handed weapon. At high levels, you'll have insane defense anyway (that's the whole point of using concentration, isn't it?), and at low levels, monsters deal pathetic dmg for your huge life pool. Even my sorcs use 2-handed weapons until late A3 where they start fighting as casters!

Either way, Steel is very cheap and effective. You can't get 4 sockets or Ral+ runes in untwinked, so don't attemp those if that's the case. Other than Steel, try gambling and even the 3 chippies recipe if you have many of them sitting in your stash.

By the way, here in this forum, we have a prejudice against Open B.net that we believe it's full of hacking and cheating and any character that is played there is considered tainted. You might like to know it in advance if you want to trade or MP (through TCP/IP) here later sometime.

6. Delreich

Delreich Diabloii.Net Member

If moving over to two-handed isn't too much of a bother, every diamond you find is a savage polearm, possibly a partizan.
    Make good use of the cube recipes.