Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Concentration vs. Fanaticism

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Silent Kill, Jul 2, 2005.

1. Silent Kill

Silent Kill IncGamers Member

Concentration vs. Fanaticism

Fanaticism gives more damage bonus for the paladin himself but gives less to other party members. I was wondering if Concentration would be better to use because it's damage bonus is the same for you and the party members. So which one should I use?

2. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

True about party damage but Fan also grants AR bonus and IAS which could help a lot getting down to 4fpa zeal or 6fpa smite.

3. Diablos-Reborn

Diablos-Reborn IncGamers Member

I'd go with Fanat because of the reasons above. AR is very important, and you can't get much of it with just zeal, you'll be swinging and hitting nothing in hell. The IAS also helps kill of enemies a lot quicker.

You should worry more about yourself than your party members unless playing strictly with friends, most people will make it by, even better when you have fanat on.

4. Ruckus

Ruckus IncGamers Member

i suppose ur going for a physical pally if thats the case fanat hands down is the best

5. Silent Kill

I do mostly play with friends, so I was leaning towards concentration. With enough points into zeal and BA my AR should be enough. But after reading the replies I don't know what to do. Will my paladin be effective if using concentration? Also, what is the max damage bonus for a party member when using fanat?

6. Epsilon Eyez

Epsilon Eyez IncGamers Member

If you have two paladins in your party, one could use Fanaticism and the other could use Concentration. If you have high runewords, you could probably get Fanaticism and Concentration for free, and use a Might Merc and then you could use Defiance and Salvation or something.

7. gedda-d-e

gedda-d-e IncGamers Member

I have done a few powerzealots (zealots with conc) and they work fine, but it is true, they're not as good as zealots with fana and you will lack AR and ias. These problems can be solved by getting good items with high ias or ignore targets defence and such things. One of the best things for a powerzealot is the beast weapon that will give you fana when equipped.
    Ofc, the party dmg(including merc) will be alot higher and if you play with other melee chars the entire party would probably benefit more from concentration than fana.
    hope my blabbering will help.

8. Silent Kill

Actually it helped a lot. I do mostly play with other melee characters. My friend has a fanatic zealot, so I will stick with concentration. Thanks for all the advice. I will try to get the beast rune word. If I do will fanat work while concentration aura is active?

9. sizgar

sizgar IncGamers Member

powerzealots are gone :(

in 09 powerzealot was great fighter only stacker could beat him up (and not

all of them)

but now unfortunetelly u need AR conctr doesnt give it to u and ur party how

about maxed concetration + beast ?

10. Silent Kill

That's what I am going to aim for.

11. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

Yes, the auras stack together. However, if your friend has Fanaticism on, you may not need to worry about Beast, as his aura will probably be of a higher level than that of Beast's.

12. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

stick with fanata. i think conc restricts your build too much (you need to use beast which is too low of damage imo)