Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

concentration barb viable?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by MFdoom, Feb 26, 2004.

1. MFdoom

MFdoom IncGamers Member

concentration barb viable?

Been looking through the site and im wondering whether or not a conc barb is viable to start from scratch (i.e without uber equipment) especially since i wanna use either mauls, spears or poles??

2. Civ

Civ IncGamers Member

yes its viable my lvl85 conc barb started with nothing, when i say viable i mean u wont die very often altho killing became a struggle in hell until i got sum decent weapons :)

3. MFdoom

MFdoom IncGamers Member

k thats good news, and for some reason ive never actually died with babas on d2 once id created 5/6 of um, tho ive never played later stages of the patch. btw what weapon did ou use? and do you have any idea on the rarity of unique polearms (elite) as i saw somemonster lvl 69 ones which with any luck should be qite easy to find.

4. Civ

Civ IncGamers Member

i got a windhammer as an add on in a trade so started using that around lvl 70 - 75 as for polearm rarity i have no idea :)

5. ploof

ploof IncGamers Member

I don't know how old this thread is. Read halciet's conc thread stickied at the top of the forum for any conc ideas...

everyone else missed this?

6. sahlakh

sahlakh IncGamers Member

Yes they're viable, but boring to play and killing slow (don't kill me, just MY opinion Ö_ö)

7. funnelweb2

funnelweb2 IncGamers Member

If you don't have great gear, I think concentrate is the way to go, switching to berserk just for the physical immunes. I got to Act 5 Hell recently using only The Atlantean with maxed concentrate. I upgraded to an Honor colossus sword (the sword not the blade) for the Ancients onwards. That's still only a medium damage weapon.
    To be effective in Hell, WW needs a good weapon. Berserk reduces defence to zero and you can't leech because you aren't doing any physical damage.