Concentration Barb help

CookiesnCream

Diabloii.Net Member
Concentration Barb help

Well i did read Halciet's Concentration barb guide. So that got me interested in making one. However, i don;t want to spend an excessive amount of time to get this character into the 90s so Ill stop leveling him at 80. Here's the skill setup:

20 concentration
20 Battle Order
20 Shout
5 Natural Rsistance
Rest in pre-requisites and other useful skills.

Here's the gear:

Doombriner
Mosers w/ 2 p diamonds
Dual leech ring
Ravens frost
Lionheart armor
String of Ears
Goreriders
Laying of hands gloves
Arreats face

So any help would be appreciated. I've never tried a concentration barb before, just WW. :).

Halciet

Diabloii.Net Member
Looks like you'll be fine. You might want to consider different armor though, since Lionheart doesn't get any enhanced defense to work with, meaning even as a conc barb you'll be kinda low. If you can afford it, Stormshield wou'd be bad either. Your plan of action looks good, but spend most of those leftover points getting your mastery up as high as you can so you can get some ar/damage/criticals; since you're only going to 80, I'd probably disregard find pot/item/grim ward, since you'll need the points elsewhere. Otherwise, you should be fine, just keep that block maxed!

-Hal

CookiesnCream

Diabloii.Net Member
Well I can't really afford a Storm Shield lol. But Mosers is for good blocking and good resists. Lionheart really gives me a lot of stat and life bonuses, which is good. But the best defense armor I have right now is corpsemourn. would that be bettter?

Halciet

Diabloii.Net Member
Neuro: Stone is an excellent piece of gear for a conc barb, one I neglected to mention in the guide that I will be putting in the next version. I would definately use that if you have it.

Cookie: Storms arn't incredibly expensive nowadays; i'm sure after playing for a week or so you'll find something you can trade for one fairly easily. As for your other armor issues: Lionheart is nice, but just has such low defense to be as useful to a conc barb. You might wanna try out your corpsemourn and see how you like it, or, alternatively, make yourself a stone armor like Neuro; the runes are pretty cheap, plus it has a ton of defense, nice stats, some resists, and other interesting mods.

-Hal

DrSeuss

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm finding that a Mosers with 2 perf diamonds is doing me a world of good resist-wise in hell. Good blocking on it, too.

Now I just need to upgrade it.

It's my lack of a decent weapon that's hurting me at the moment...

Torkahl

Diabloii.Net Member
DrSeuss said:
I'm finding that a Mosers with 2 perf diamonds is doing me a world of good resist-wise in hell. Good blocking on it, too.

Now I just need to upgrade it.

It's my lack of a decent weapon that's hurting me at the moment...
I have NO idea why, but Mosers is like... begging me to use her, upgrade her, socket her and put her to good use. I love that shield... some un-forseen attraction that eats me and she brings me to my knees. Gotta love that shield.

this_barb

Diabloii.Net Member
strenght : enough for items (including +strength on items)
dex : enough for 75% (same as above0
vitality : rest