Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Concentration Aura Question

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Spiffi, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Spiffi

Spiffi IncGamers Member

Concentration Aura Question

Just a little noob question...

Do the Paladin aura "Concentration" work on necromancers Bone Spear/Spirit spells?

The reason I'm wondering is that I wanna make a necro and I know that it works on Blessed Hammer, and both Blessed Hammer and necromancers bone spells are Magic Damage. (I'm having a little problem choosing between psn nec and bone nec :\ ).

2. Crowd Control

Crowd Control Banned

Re: Concentration Aura Question

Good question actually. And I think it's a first too. I've been worndering the same thing in the use of magic spells. My guess is that it most probably won't work with the Bone spells, but it's easy enought to check with a runeword.

3. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

Doesn't work. Concentration applying to hammers (at a reduced rate) is a special case born out of different behaviors in earlier patches.

4. Spiffi

Spiffi IncGamers Member

Awww, dissapointing :\ But thanks for your replies.

Also, could someone say how the different builds (psn nova vs bone spear/spirit) is in PVP and PVM?

According to the skill planner I'm looking at, the dmg of the skills are pretty equal, but I guess mobs have more psn resistance than magic resistance seeing psn nova is AoE, or no one would use bone necros? So who does best of a psn necro and a bone necro?

5. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

Poison is damage over time, while the bone skills do all their damage at once. It's two very different play styles.

In PvP, people can have 75% poison resist and 75% poison length reduction, but there is only 1 or 2 items that can get magic resist.

You can probably find people with more detailed necro knowledge in the necromancer forum. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a guide comparing poison and bone skills.