Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

concentrate Barb idea

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by cmmaret75, Nov 14, 2017.

1. cmmaret75

cmmaret75 Diabloii.Net Member

So with ladder resetting hopefully soon, I was thinking of making a "Safe" defensible Concentrate Barb. Just looking for some feedback as far as gear/skills go. I know there are far better options, but I have had this idea in my head and I feel its pretty obtainable. so here goes:

Skills:
    bash-1
    Stun-1
    Concentrate-20
    Berzerk-1
    Sword Mastery-20
    Increase Stamina-1
    Increase speed-1
    iron Skin-20
    Natural Resistance-1
    howl-1
    Shout-20
    Battle Orders-20
    Battle Command-1
    Taunt-1
    Battle Cry-1
    total(-skill quests)-99
    Note: I know id never get to 99 realistically so I would probably max iron skin last as it would be better to buff everyone (merc) with shout that just myself.

Gear:
    Helm- Arreat's Face
    Armor- Steel Carapace or Leviathan (maybe a high def Stone)
    Belt- Verdungo's
    Gloves- Steelrend, Souldrainer or dracul's
    Boots- gore rider
    Amulet- Metalgrid or highlord's
    Rings- 2x Ravenfrost
    Shield- Stormshield
    Weapon- Upgraded Swordguard
    Note: The upped Swordguard is the main thing I am contemplating. I think the added defense would be boss but I imagine there are far better options that may be slightly obtainable. Again I am going for survivability. Also I left out any possible sockets cause I figured I would just play that part as it comes and use whatever I may have that is suitable.

Merc:
    Act 2 defiance merc.
    Helm- G-face (giant skull would be preferred for knockback but G-face is more obtainable)
    Armor-shaftstop
    Weapon- Reapers toll
    Note: All Ethereal if possible obviously. Defiance for the defense, but possibly might blessed aim if the need arises. holy freeze maybe if the slow might help me better survive. will have to test each and see.

Basic gameplay:
    Would basically use Battle Cry to weaken enemies and use the procs from steel carapace/reapers toll/souldrainer to keep things interesting. Idea of the build would be to have a crap load of defense and chance to block. Also use berserk for PI.

My only concerns are that an upped Swordguard may not put out enough damage to even attempt hell. Any feedback is appreciated thanks.

2. drmalawi

drmalawi Diabloii.Net Member

Remember that defence as diminished returns.

What is the goal with playing this? Casual pvm, torch hunts, pvp?

It will be safe and I am sure you can finish hell solo with this one, but what is the point of playing this ladder and not in single player?

3. cmmaret75

cmmaret75 Diabloii.Net Member

Would like to do just casual pvm. Maybe a little pvp with better gear. I' not a fan of single player. I feel like it would be easier to get geared online. Would something like this even be able to do torch runs even with better gear? Plus I'm just lookin to do something different than the frenzy/ww norm.

4. drmalawi

drmalawi Diabloii.Net Member

It will work but be really slow. And many of the items you considered for the build is "trash" and might be difficult to trade for.
    I would only go with concentrator as a HC build, in softcore you might wanna go with a berserker instead for the extra damage

You could also use some magic dmg absorb gear, like string of ears and some Mal runes in gear.

5. Kitteh

Kitteh Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Honestly, getting geared in SP is not difficult, especially not with unlimited stashes via GoMule. We don't have the Ubers mod in the SPF however as it is not a forum accepted mod, so you would lost that. Still, come over to SP! :p