Conc Barb & Oath -> into what?

domac

Diabloii.Net Member
Conc Barb & Oath -> into what?

Hi all! I need help.

Let's make it short & sweet.
My conc barb has 40% off weapon ias (Loh, Highlord) and he should make:

1. oath eth berserker axe. avg damage ~71 (??)
can't reach 9 fpa with my gear, only 10.
(need 75% i can have 55% if i socket arreat's with 15% ias jewel)

2. oath eth scourge. avg damage ~62
reaches 9 fpa easily (only 39% required)
and I can socket arreat's with something else

so ... is 9 fpa worth it or should I just go with more damage ??

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
I think I would vote scourge so you can attack faster and have a free slot in arreats for a um or other nice jewel. If you're using conc, couldn't you put it in a 2h weapon for massive damage?

domac

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for suggestions. So that's one zerker and one Scourge so far.

If you're using conc, couldn't you put it in a 2h weapon for massive damage?
You could and in fact I thought about that but I just prefer 2H weapons for WhirlWind and one handed and a shield for Conc. I really like the "do it the right way" approach. If you want something that can hurt make it hurt many targets at once. If you want something that can't easily be killed then do it the right way too. (max block, max dam. reduction)

Deaddave

Diabloii.Net Member
id go with the oath zerker axe, better min damage, better lookinh (also a very important thing) and i think its just a better choice all round

Hrus

Diabloii.Net Member
Since Concentrate is uninterruptible, you can go with higher DPS (damage per second) which is better for BA.
I wouldn't go with slower attack than 10 frames though.

And Concentrate with Max block = uber tank. 2H Conc is better damage, 1H conc is ultimate defence (+you can get resists from shield easily)

Indemaijinj

Diabloii.Net Member
id go with the oath zerker axe, better min damage, better lookinh (also a very important thing) and i think its just a better choice all round
That is exactly my reason to go for the Scourge. Personally, I hate how that big meaty axe in the inventory turns into a puny little hatchet on the character. Especially since it is supposed to have range 3.