Conan's self-found progress thread

Conanbarbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Conan's self-found progress thread

I've had a long break from DII and am just now getting back into it.

I had got tired of running around with uber character tanked up with uber items. Most of the best item I had recieaved of other very generous forum members, especially my magic find gear.

So for some unexplained reason the fun had seemed to have left diablo for me.

I think the main reason was every time a unique or set dropped i no longer got that "buzz" I used to, simply because most of the time it was an item I had gained already for free from the giveaway thread.

Anyhow I have started afresh meaning to only proceed with self-found item from now on. I will stay twicked swapping items between characters and storing useful item in ATMA. In a hope of collected as many uniques and sets as possible.

As not to be tainted I deleted my old list of characters -

Zealot lvl - 78
Skeley mencer lvl - 85
Conc Barb lvl - 82
Blizz Sorc lvl - 40+

Altogether roughly 6 months plus of what I would count as "part time" DII play say no more than 12 hours a week.

It was a shame to see them go but it was time for a change.

I gave all my ATMA stash (all legit items) to omgwtfbbqpwnwed who very generasly donated a Highlords Wrath to me so many months back so he has got 1st pick of my stash that contains some nice uniques. He has promised to get a giveaway for the rest soon. :wink2:

So far I have a new skeley mencer (lvl 15) and zealot (lvl 18) at play and as of yet have not found any uniques or sets!

Although a have found -

Russet Small Charm of Life
Keep in Inventory to Gain Bonus
Required Level: 14
Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
Item Level: 4
Fingerprint: 0xd6b9985b
+9 to Life
Fire Resist +7%

Lapis Small Charm of Life
Item Level: 2
Fingerprint: 0xe543149d
+9 to Life
Cold Resist +7%

Tangerine Small Charm of Life
Item Level: 2
Fingerprint: 0xd2bb6466
+7 to Life
Lightning Resist +3%

Not bad for early normal and two dropped from the same chest in cold plains act 1 :grin:

Also this time round I've descovered the wonders of /players x which has increased my experence gain and item drop rate also :cool:

I have set this thread up to inform peeps who are interested of my general progress and to ask advice starting with these two questions

1. Which amount of players should I set my game to to make drops most numerous?

2. Is redemption worth investing in for my zealot pally?

I will also post unique and set drops as well as any items that are worth a mention.

Thanks in advance for ya time :smiley:

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
I have set this thread up to inform peeps who are interested of my general progress and to ask advice starting with these two questions

1. Which amount of players should I set my game to to make drops most numerous?

2. Is redemption worth investing in for my zealot pally?

I will also post unique and set drops as well as any items that are worth a mention.

Thanks in advance for ya time :smiley:
1) Players 8 will give you the most number of drops

2) 1 point in redemption is useful to stop monsters from resurrecting other ones (carver shamans, etc.), more than one point and it's not as useful.

scwormy

Diabloii.Net Member
Welcome back.

As far as your questions...definately P8 through normal and Nightmare for your Skellymancer (assuming fishymancer).

For your zealot, P8 if you can do it...it will get tougher untwinked as you go. Since you're playing untwinked, I would definately say you should be investing in redemption (or having an item on switch that has the skill if you desire to save the skill points).

Good luck

Conanbarbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Skewer of Krintiz
Sabre
One-Hand Damage: 7 to 19
Durability: 26 of 32
Required Dexterity: 25
Required Strength: 25
Required Level: 10
Sword Class - Fast Attack Speed
Item Level: 16
Fingerprint: 0x8e39d8a0
+10 to Strength
+10 to Dexterity
+50% Enhanced Damage
+3 to Minimum Damage
+7 to Maximum Damage
7% Mana stolen per hit
Ignore Target Defense

My 1st unique drop! Not very impressive by all means but never the least my 1st :smiley:

Found with my Zealot pally who is currently going through act 2 found from a guard corpse (the ones impales on a pole) in far oasis.

playing 8 player is proving quite tough so I got my pally equiped with a maul gined from gambling to help and is working a treat!

erics

Diabloii.Net Member
Have you tried running normal andy for a little while?

She'll give you some sets and uniques on occasion and provide some decent starting gear, too, like Gull dagger, bloodfist, hsaru's, and biggin's bonnet. She'll also drop a booty of rare items. This is all assuming you talked to warriv before you quit after beating andarial the first time so she'll drop better (andy bug).

pixelpowder

Diabloii.Net Member
what is that andy bug ?

Have you tried running normal andy for a little while?

She'll give you some sets and uniques on occasion and provide some decent starting gear, too, like Gull dagger, bloodfist, hsaru's, and biggin's bonnet. She'll also drop a booty of rare items. This is all assuming you talked to warriv before you quit after beating andarial the first time so she'll drop better (andy bug).
If you kill Andy for the first time, then talk to Warriv, then exit, you can run her forever and get the "first drop" bonus thing ?

That sounds cool :tongue:

Is this exactly how it works ?

Most important : is it accepted on this forum or are you "tainted" if you use it, especially if used in Hell ?

Conanbarbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Wow didnt know this will certainly give andy a few runs now to get hold of some more gear hopefully some more uniqes :)

erics

Diabloii.Net Member
Is this exactly how it works ?
Yup, it is. You can see drops of all green, all gold, a mix, but usually all yellows. When you don't have much gear to speak of, the rares can be helpful. Experience is minimal after level 20 though, but that's not what you're after if you're runner her anyways.

Conanbarbarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Well found my 1st set item -

Isenhart's Horns
Full Helm
Defense: 25
Durability: 20 of 30
Required Strength: 41
Required Level: 8
Item Level: 18
Fingerprint: 0xd31fd271
+6 to Dexterity
Damage Reduced by 2

***Partial Set Item Bonuses***
All Resistances +8

Dropped by summoner in arcane sanctuary

Then more or less a few mins later -

Arctic Binding
Light Belt
Defense: 33
Durability: 8 of 14
Required Level: 2
Item Level: 19
Fingerprint: 0x13289275
+30 Defense
Cold Resist +40%

40% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items
Cold Resist +10%

Found from beetles in canyon of magi

All found with Zealot pally, also found -

Shadow Tower
Heraldic Shield
Defense: 33
Chance to Block: 70%
Smite Damage: 3 to 9
Durability: 40 of 40
(Paladin Only)
Required Strength: 40
Required Level: 12
Item Level: 19
Fingerprint: 0x1c1a6f8d
+5 to Mana
+23% Enhanced Defense
+20% Increased Chance of Blocking
All Resistances +9
10% Faster Hit Recovery
30% Faster Block Rate

works a treat for blocking anyhow will post again if I find anything substanciual or have a good series of drops

Aerwynd

Diabloii.Net Member
sorry for the bit of ot, but It still works? I think it's patched on bnet. Damn i'm so stupid if it works...
Yup, it works in SP... That's why NM Andy is a valuable target for the SoJ, especially when she's bugged...