Cas Latency: 2-3-3-6 1T
Support Voltage: 2.6V
Bandwidth: 3.2GB/s
Organization: 64M x 64 -Bit
Warranty: Lifetime more info>
N82E16820145416 $

Processors
**This item is NOT REFUNDABLE, exchange for same exact item only!!**
AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 1MB L2 Cache, The Only 64-bit Windows Compatible Processor - Retail
Specification
Model: AMD Athlon 64 3200+
Core: ClawHammer
Operating Frequency: 2.0GHz
FSB: Integrated int chip
Cache: L1/64K+64K; L2/1024K
Voltage: 1.5V
Process: 0.13Micron
Socket: Socket 754
Multimedia Instruction: MMX, SSE, SSE2, 3DNOW!, 3DNOW!+
Packaging: Retail Box (Heatsink and Fan included) more info>
N82E16819103416 $

Software - Operating Systems
**This item is NOT REFUNDABLE, exchange for same exact item only!!**
On Sale!
Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack SP1a - Full Version OEM Designed for reliability, security and privacy, high performance, and ease of use, the Windows XP operating system provides a host of benefits for business and home users. A clean and simple desktop, rock-solid reliability, and easy-to-use features that take advantage of the digital age all contribute to the value of Windows XP.
*Must be Purchased with Hardware!!* more info>
N82E16837102143

Sound Card
Hercules 7.1 Channel PCI Sound Card, Model "GameSurround Fortissimo III 7.1" -RETAIL
Specifications:
Channels: 7.1
DSP: Cirrus Logic SoundFusion CS4624
Max Sampling Rate: 20-bit/48kHz
Hardware Decode: Dolby Digital EX
Hardware Plophony: 64 Voices
PC Interface: PCI2.1
External Connectors: Front Out,Rear Out,Center/LFE Out,Back Surround Left and Right Out/Headphones Out,Line in/Mic in,MIDI/Game port,Optical Digital S/PDIF Out
Internal Connectors: CD-in,CD-in 2,Aux-in,S/PDIF in
Special Features: Sensaura based 3D positional Audio with support for Microsoft DirectSound® 3D, EAX™ 1.0, EAX™ 2.0, A3D™ 1.0, I3DL2™ , MacroFX™ , MultiDrive™ , ZoomFX™ , EnvironmentFX™ more info>
N82E16829116113

Video Cards
XFX nVIDIA GeForce FX5900XT Video Card, 128MB DDR, 256-bit, DVI/TV-Out, 8X AGP, Model "PVT35LNA" -RETAIL
Specifications:
Chipset/Core Speed: nVIDIA GeForce FX5900XT/390MHz
Memory/Effective Speed: 128MB DDR/700MHz
BUS: AGP 1X/2X/4X/8X
Ports: VGA Out(15 Pin D-Sub)+TV-Out(S-Video)+DVI connector
Support 3D API: DirectX®9, OpenGL®1.4
Cable/Accessories: VGA via DVI Adapter, 1 Cable, 6 CD, Manual
Max [email protected] Color: [email protected]
Retail Box (See pics for details) more info>
N82E16814150051

it comes iwth a new MOBO and its all assembled what would you pay?

VampiroXIII

Diabloii.Net Member
Few things:

1. 7.1 digital surround is overkill. Most DVDs aren't even coded for 6.1 yet.
2. A 64-bit processor is a waste of money at this point. VERY few programs and OS's (except for some high-end server ones) are even written to use it.
3. Is the motherboard even capable of fully utilizing all of those components?
4. More than likely, it would be cheaper to buy all of those parts and put it together yourself. The store I usually go to charges $300 to put together a computer.

VampiroXIII said:
Few things:

1. 7.1 digital surround is overkill. Most DVDs aren't even coded for 6.1 yet.
2. A 64-bit processor is a waste of money at this point. VERY few programs and OS's (except for some high-end server ones) are even written to use it.
3. Is the motherboard even capable of fully utilizing all of those components?
4. More than likely, it would be cheaper to buy all of those parts and put it together yourself. The store I usually go to charges $300 to put together a computer.
I agree 100% with that.

Seriously what kind of computer can you get for 300$? I want a video card worth more than that.

asdf

Diabloii.Net Member
well, if i needed a computer i wouldn't get that. i'd build my own for cheap. that has nearly all the best pc parts and is probably worth well over $2k. none of the parts are currently worth their cost though.

VampiroXIII

Diabloii.Net Member
{KOW}Spazed said:
Seriously what kind of computer can you get for 300$? I want a video card worth more than that.
Well, if you go to the Fry's Electronics I go to, you can get 1.2 GHz P4, 256 MB SDRAM, 40 GB hard drive, integrated everything else. The only catch; it comes with Thiz Linux on it, which is crap.

Jonas

Diabloii.Net Member
VampiroXIII said:
Well, some of the more advanced games coming out his year (*cough* Half-Life 2 *cough*) would certainly benefit from the 64-bit processor.

Though the 64's will be cheaper when the advanced games coming out, they'll most likely become standard in computers later on.

VampiroXIII

Diabloii.Net Member
Jonas said:
Well, some of the more advanced games coming out his year (*cough* Half-Life 2 *cough*) would certainly benefit from the 64-bit processor.

Though the 64's will be cheaper when the advanced games coming out, they'll most likely become standard in computers later on.
Yes, if it's written in 64-bit program code, as opposed to the usual 32-bit (I don't know if Half Life 2 will be). And yes, I foresee 64-bit eventually becoming the new standard.

Savage

Diabloii.Net Member
First off, I wouldn't buy it. There's no reason yet to buy a 64-bit capable processor, and there are many reasons to avoid buying one. I also wouldn't get a 7.1 soundcard or a nVidia video card.

However, if I had to buy one, I wouldn't pay more than US$1500.

GIR

Banned
I have the same specs on my systems, more or less, except for the processor. AMD Athalon XP 2700 (or 2800, I can never remember) @2.1 GHZ.

512RAM, 160 GB HD, DVD-RW and 52x CD drives.

Price: $720.

Make your call from there.

Fallen_62

Diabloii.Net Member
i just built my comp:
lite on drives (cd/rw and dvd-rom (2 seperate drives))
120 GB SATA Seagate HD
Gigabyte GA-7N400 PRO2 MoBo
AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (operates @ 1.83 Ghz)
512 mb 184 pin pc2700 ddr ram
ati 9600SE graphics card (128 mb ddr)
and this case
all for a little over $600 US

VampiroXIII

Diabloii.Net Member
forever_taken said:
the 64 bit runs fine with windows
True, but your are not fully utilizing your CPU. It's like buying a Ferrari with a governor that never lets you go above 55 mph, you're wasting your money.

forever_taken

Diabloii.Net Member
VampiroXIII said:
True, but your are not fully utilizing your CPU. It's like buying a Ferrari with a governor that never lets you go above 55 mph, you're wasting your money.
not really there all ready testing out different products, and im sure you could even find a free download, its just down the road. Its like waiting to use yoru ferrari

VampiroXIII

Diabloii.Net Member
forever_taken said:
not really there all ready testing out different products, and im sure you could even find a free download, its just down the road. Its like waiting to use yoru ferrari
Okay, I see where you are coming form, but the point I'm trying to get across is why buy it now when there are few programs that can even use it, and by the time enough programs (for argument's sake, let's say half of all porgrams are written in 64-bit code) can fully use the CPU, there will be more of them, and they will be cheaper. You bought that $50,000 Ferrari now and are waiting to use it, but by the time you can, there will be many others with more options that cost $30,000. Not to mention that the top speed will be higher. Exactly how much, I'm not sure. If I'm not mistaken, I think around the 4-5 GHz range heats up way too much and new cooling methods will need to be developed.