Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

computer help pleaassee

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by SwampBox, May 3, 2005.

1. SwampBox

SwampBox IncGamers Member

computer help pleaassee

I just reformatted my Windows Xp because it sucked so bad and now it just seems worse. 3 problems now

1. When I try to play Diablo2 it says "A critical error has occured when initializing Direct Draw" and I cannot play

2. It seems like there is more to the screen. When I move my mouse to the left,right,down, or up alot the mouse disappears from the screen as if there is more to the picture but it cannot be seen because the monitor isnt big enough. THIS IS VERY ANNOYING!

3. When clicking the scroll down button (on internet) the comp. goes extremely slow and you can see it on screen (like school computers do). And when dragging a window the same thing happens, as if your moving it to fast and multiple window-clones appear and disappear (like leaving a trail behind each dragged window

Plzz help me!!

Remember, just reformatted computer

2. bustme

bustme IncGamers Member

I assume you reinstalled direct draw and your video drive, and you readjusted your monitor output?(size, etc. buttons under the screen)

type "dxdiag" in 'Run' and check the settings/version of Direct.

Just checking the procedures.

As for #3, can't think of a thing. Maybe another reformat/reinstall is required? :thumbsup: A friend once told me gliches could happen during reinstallations, just not sure it's the same case with XP.

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Did you do the following ?

Save important data somewhere
    format c:
    Boot from WinXP CD and reinstall

Or did you simply install WinXP on a running system ? In that case, do the real thing and try the above.

In any case, this looks like a problem with your gfxcard driver. Download and install the latest one you can find. BTW, you should do that with the drivers for all of your hardware. Also install all WinXP patches from Microsoft. Happy rebooting :lol:

4. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

This usually happens when there is no hardware-accelerated video driver in the system.

All you need to do is the following:
    1. Install the latest DirectX (not the one present on Diablo2 cd!!!!). You can get it on the Microsoft site, or just find it on some more recent CD/DVD of your favorite computer magazine.
    2. Install drivers for your video card.