Complicated Name?

Geeno

Diabloii.Net Member
Complicated Name?

Does anyone here have a "complicated name"? Throughout my 17 years I have encountered many people who butcher my last name. Understandable, my name isnt pronounced phoenetically.

But then some people will take the trouble to ask me how to say it. Ill say it as I pronounce it. They will repeat it as I didnt pronounce it.

Theres a friggen bird that can do this, yet very many people who cant. Maybe I just cant appreciate it because Ive always had a "complicated name" and had my name been "simple" like Jacob Smith I wouldnt be able to comprehend the names of others.

Dj_Otaku

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, My last name is Miramontes. Everytime I say it to someone who isn't Spanish, I have to spell it out to them. Also, I get different spellings from different people. *shrugs* Oh well.

Dj_Otaku

My last name is long, Polish, starts with a Zed, and has (like most Polish words) far more consonants than vowels. Almost nobody can pronounce it, let alone spell it. I live with it.

Empired

Diabloii.Net Member
Most people pronounce my name correctly.

One of my friends is named "Ayse" (pronounced eye-shay). She has a horrible time with that :surprise:

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
My name couldn't be simpler. Seriously, I think I may have one of the simplest names in the country. Even when I lived in Venezuela, they could spell it correctly without any problems.

Xoranix

Diabloii.Net Member
I deal with it literally every time I meet someone new. I have a Dutch/German last name.

I won't tell you it, but someone actually called me "Humpdagardner" one time. She was old and senile and didn't know what she was saying...but it's not anywhere near what my last name is.

Xoranix said:
I deal with it literally every time I meet someone new. I have a Dutch/German last name.

I won't tell you it, but someone actually called me "Humpdagardner" one time. She was old and senile and didn't know what she was saying...but it's not anywhere near what my last name is.
She wasn't trying to say your name, she was watching you doing something.

giantpinkbunnyhead

Diabloii.Net Member
A flight instructor I had way back when, had the last name of "Chrzaszcz". You figure it out! I never did figure out how it was pronounced, as we all called him simply "C-8" as in, "C" plus 8 more letters.

My own last name is stupidly simple. Its so simple, in fact, that people mispronounce it because they can't possibly think it would be so simple. It's Bonebreak. Just like it sounds: Bone, then Break. But I get "Bonne-brick"; Bonerbake; Bonebrick; Bonnberk; I mean they all see it clear as day but they must be like, it can't possibly be bone-break, let me make up what I think it is. This is why I don't shop at Safeway, with their stupid "lets make customers feel at home by calling them by their last name when we don't even know how to pronounce it!!!"

Of course I also have to spell it for everyone, because it's so obvious that it's not spelled like it sounds... even after I spell it slowly, they still mess up the "break" part by putting "brake". Buncha dorks.

The comedians I run across wonder why I'm not a bill collector, a football player or wrestler, or even a doctor with a name like that.

piff

Diabloii.Net Member
My last name is German and my German teacher got it wrong but my English teacher got it right...:scratch:

giantpinkbunnyhead

Diabloii.Net Member
Canadia142 said:
hehe your forum name is giantpinkbunnyhead and your last name is bonebreaker. Those 2 names don't go together to well.
Thanks for proving my point! Even you got my name wrong! Methinks you did that on purpose though.