Completing v1.07 untwinked single player (pc only)

Mithras

Diabloii.Net Member
Completing v1.07 untwinked single player (pc only)

Has anyone out there ever completed Hell on single player LOD v1.07 on pc only ?

Untwinked character. Only items found during the game used - no trades - no purchasing - muling only one character - no duplication of items

Is this is a lost cause ??

:crazy:

Mithras

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Completing v1.07 untwinked single player (pc only)

:thankyou: to zemaj :thankyou:

Thank you very much for your advice. I have done some of the required reading that you have suggested. The forums seem to imply that they are single playing on battle.net. I'm trying to do this offline (pc only).

Worse I'm trying to do this with a Paladin (Avenger Build) not a Barbarian or Sorceress. I'm Level 81 in Hell Act 1 - 2. It's taking a long time to level up.

:banghead:

Dodgydave

Diabloii.Net Member

Zemaj gave you lots of useful advice there.

I believe a lot of people here play via marketplace games here in 1.07 but many more play with no online help from other players, so it certainly can be done.

My first 1.07 character was strictly by the rules you outlined above. However, she was a orb sorc so extreme cookie cutter for 1.07.

Best of luck with the paladin, must have taken a long time to get to 81 by act 1 hell in one player games.

WoRG

Diabloii.Net Member

I think my brain just exploded...

clvl81 and you haven't gone beyond hell Duriel?

...that's just insane...

XP is slanted HEAVILY towards the later acts (always has been and still is...), and this is probably most exaggerated in 1.07, with the fresh addition of Act5, and the lack of high alvl areas in the early acts like the pits and AT...

you really should press on...leveling will be MUCH easier in the later acts...is there something in particular thats holding you back?

WoRG

Mithras

Diabloii.Net Member

:thanks:

Thank you guys for making me realise that I'm not the only one trying to do the impossible - Its taken about 8 years - on and off (a lot of off) - had to write a thesis, get a job, get married have kids - nearly got divorced (wife hid the first LOD CD)
Now playing with extra copies :shhh: hidden - a little more spare time now

I realise now that I have a bad build too many points in energy - no internet access for my first 2 years of gameplay - Really didn't know what I was doing - I realise that I can't complete Hell - unless i respec - which isn't allowed in v1.07

This character can probably go no further legally - 3-4 good hits from a LE aura Act 1 hell monster kills me instantly - Life is only about 570 ( 850 with Charms) - I probably will have to retire him.

Kept my Rogue merc from level one throughout (sentimental idiot that I am ):scratchhead:

For zemaj :-
Got this far with some lucky drops

Completed Sigon's Set early in Nightmare - Still use belt, gloves and boots
got these later in Nightmare

Hand of Zakarum
Herald of Zakarum
Bloodletter
Infernostride
Venom Grip
Peasant's Crown
Tal Rasha's Horadric Crest
completed Delerium runeword on a 3-socketed helmet

(got a bunch of other uniques - but not really useful to me - sold to the NPCs - Didn't start muling until much later)

kept visiting Worldstone Keep (NM) via the waypoint and returning to Harrogath to Larzuk's inventory to find and buy a Godly Ornate Plate of Negation - Defense 1262 (-4 to magic damage) did this over 150 times :unimpressed:

Crafted a prismatic amulet relatively early in Normal - which I still use
Azure Amulet - Level 3
Poison +49
Cold +28
Lightning +35
Fire +23

Have a bunch of rare (yellow) rings and magic charms that give me max resists.

Well back to the drawing board -
You have given me the reassurance that I'm not really crazy - just silly perhaps - Time to start anew

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Last edited:

Mithras

Diabloii.Net Member

dear zemaj

Sorry I mispelled Delirium (functional illiterate that I am)

Delirium - 3 socketed helm - Lem , Ort, Io/Po
original v1.07 runeword - changed in v1.08 with different stats
Planned to use it on the merc if I can get life regeneration armour or find a socketed multiresist armour to put a perfect skull in - for her (or me)

Delirium (Helmet)
Lem, Ort, Io

77% enhanced defence
44% resist cold
55% resist fire
66% resist poison
38% resist lightning
replenish life -3
50% extra gold
+10 vitality

(Remember this is original out of the box v1.07 - no mods)

please note the -3 to life replenish (ie life loss) but the runes aren't totally impossible to find. In my humble opinion this is the only original v1.07 runeword with true resists.

To WoRG
Thank you for your comment - Do you think I have a snowball's chance to complete Hell

Last edited:

WoRG

Diabloii.Net Member

Hmmm, well, a melee character with only 570 base life is gonna struggle in Hell...but you've obviously got the persistance to make it :thumbup:

If you need another reason to press onward in the game, shopping is much better in hell acts4/5, which can help you get better gear...

Better gear will definitely help, and shouldn't be too hard for you to get/make... As zemaj pointed out, a safety breastplate would have a good chance to get at least as much MDR as your current armor, plus some iPDR, plus whatever affixes it spawns (and your clvl is high enough to get some nice affixes, too...around alvl44). Granted, the defense would be much lower, but defense is not as helpful as most other stats...I doubt that you have any socket quests to spare, but if you do, its worth noting that crafted items get 3 sox from Larzuk (or max sox, whichever is lowest), for even more resists, iPDR, life, mana, etc...

If you wanna keep the act1 merc, consider putting a Rattlecage on her...Crushing Blow is very powerful in 1.07, and the CtC terror can help with crowd control, which paladins have trouble with anyway. You might also consider using an act3 cold merc, he can help a lot with crowd control...and your conviction will help him a LOT.

Speaking of which, what auras do you use? You said you're an avenger, so I assume you're running conviction...if not, you really should, conviction is VERY powerful in 1.07...

BTW, if you're using ATMA for muling, be very careful with runewords...they can cause ATMA to corrupt characters. Make frequent backups and avoid mousing over runeword items in ATMA, at the very least...

WoRG

Dodgydave

Diabloii.Net Member

I've never had a problem with Atma and runewords in 1.07. However, as WoRG said just make sure you never go near them in ATMA.

Also if I recall correctly items with hit freezes target (Axe of Fenchmar, Iceblink) seemed to also give me problems.

Mithras

Diabloii.Net Member

Thank You so VERY much - both of you - zemaj and WoRG

:thankyou::thankyou:

To be honest I've never equipped the Delirium Helm just muled it. I didn't think that I can use this without significant life replenish rates to offset the
-3 to life rate

Now Can You Believe This :
As a complete computer illiterate and despite the stickies and FAQs I still don't know how to mule with ATMA !!!!

:doh:

I can only use the drop calculator and the dupe detector properly -
I mule to my daughters computer (yes I run two CDs - have multiple copies stashed - remember my wife :loving:)

I use only level 1 characters to store - These mules are never played. After this I use the ATMA dup detector on the save file and delete duplicates.

I only play the one character. Have never played MP or on-line and probably never will -

This is probably why I don't have the ATMA problem you speak of - dumb luck more than knowledge.

The problem that I'm now having with this, after trying to understand the point of your questions (light dawns slowly), is simply - is my method of muling legal on single player forum ?? The FAQs suggest not !!!! I need a ruling please -

:confused:

Moderator Help ??

- Do I have to start over anyway - :nervous:

Would You Believe - I have Rattlecage but just muled it into storage because of the low resistances in Hell. :hammerhead:

addendum
And Conviction is only level 17 - Horrible build - trying to get conviction level 18 at level 82 then get the skill book in Radamant's Lair for conviction 19 before pressing on

Last edited:

Dodgydave

Diabloii.Net Member

You should be fine muling that way as long as you're not duplicating items.

In reality it's a much more "pure" form of muling than using Atma (or GoMule), since they are third party programs.

Mithras

Diabloii.Net Member

Dear Dodgydave

Thank You also for your interest and support -
Before this thread I felt all alone -
(I was tempted to edit my character to match respecced mods as allowed by v1.13c) :yuck:-:ashamed:

Now I feel that I have the chance to complete this - I WILL SOLDIER ON

:thanks:

WoRG

Diabloii.Net Member

If you were planning on putting the delirium on the merc, try it and see, the life drain might not make a noticeable difference...if you were planning on wearing it yourself, lesser crafted blood boots come with 5-10 replenish life as an automod, and are pretty cheap (magic light plate boots + jewel + Eld + ruby(any kind)).

As Dodgydave said, there is absolutely no 'taint' from muling the way you have been...you are only using functionality built right into the game.

WoRG

Mithras

Diabloii.Net Member

Dear WoRG

Thank You once again
- Sorry for the delayed reply
- patchy internet and electrical storms -
- another reason I don't play online :scratchhead:

won't be able to try all suggestions until late weekend -
daughter needs her computer for presentations - :embarassed:

work is for peasants:unimpressed:

By the way found your crafting guide - again -Thank you so much

Mithras

Diabloii.Net Member
Note : After much heartbreak on hell as a Paladin in act 2 Hell - restarted as a Cold / Lightning dual tree sorceress in late 2012 now in Act 3 Hell

pharphis

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
I beat the game without muling, MP, or ATMA at all in single player, SC with a paladin with < 800 life (can't remember how much but it was only in the hundreds even when I was level 85 when I stopped).

Summoner set weapon is what made it possible, as well as a lucky drop of String of Ears in Act 1 Hell. (mdr is SO important). My armor was just the highest defense armor I could muster... lol

Did this back around 2004-2006