Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Completely unacceptable.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Intolerance, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Intolerance

Intolerance IncGamers Member

Completely unacceptable.

Source

Lunacy.

2. Deathwing

Deathwing Banned

More time to burn Harry Potter books I guess.

3. Nova_Dust

Nova_Dust Banned

Read the fine prints next time you look for employment. :p

4. Mister 4

Mister 4 IncGamers Member

Where was the hypocratic (sp?) oath in this?

First rule is: Don't cause harm to the patient. Or something to this extent anyway. Weren't they causing her both mental and physical harm?

5. Munch

Munch IncGamers Member

Uhh.... only doctors take the hypocratic oath.

Intolerance, your tendency to post an article and offer absolutely zero input/opinion is annoying. Just thought you'd like to know.

6. Nova_Dust

Nova_Dust Banned

He did say "Lunacy"

7. Munch

Munch IncGamers Member

Yeah, but what is "Lunacy" directed towards? The pharmacy's policy, the pharmacist's actions, what?

8. tintrail

tintrail IncGamers Member

Since Intolerance hasn't yet replied, I think I should say that maybe he didn't want to express his opinion on it. He has the right to not do so, and maybe he wants to see other reaction towards the article.

Granted it may be annoying to you, but I don't see any reason you should call him out on it, since is is in a way rude to do so.

Just my 2.25 cents.

9. maccool

maccool IncGamers Member

Moon phases. It's a waxing gibbous.

10. toader

toader Banned

Im glad that he got fired.

Someone in that position cannot be denying pills that have been prescribed by doctors. In fact, I think legal action should be taken against this phamacist (or Eckards). I dunno if there is any precedence for this case, if not, then she should start one. IMO it should be VERY illegal (warrenting heavy fines or small jail times) for pharmasicts to deny prescriptions.

This isnt an abortion issue at all. Whether your for or against abortion, is irrelevant. The issue is denying of prescribed medications, and that is WRONG.

edit:

p.s. Munch, why dont you start a form we can fill out when submitting posts so that you wont get annoyed any longer. :scratch:

11. Munch

Munch IncGamers Member

Fine. Here you go.

<insert facts here>
    <insert opinions here>

Done.

12. giantpinkbunnyhead

giantpinkbunnyhead IncGamers Member

This seems to me like yet another case where the innocent has been made to suffer further in the name of somebody else's religion/belief. I say jail the pharmacist, let him take some rear-action, and then deny him the medications to fight against the STD's he picks up, while telling him that the reason he doesn't get the medical help is because "of religious concerns". Eye for an eye buddy!

I mean, if you wanna be religious, fine. But DONT make me be religious with you! He certainly deserved the termination. He had no right to subject a poor **** victim to his own pathetic agenda.

13. Munch

Munch IncGamers Member

I disagree, gpbh. The pharmacist had every right to not fill that prescription. And the victim had every right to take her business elsewhere. And the pharmacy had every right to fire the pharmacist on the execution of his beliefs.

The only situation the pharmacist was in the wrong was when he told the customer she was immoral and when he refused to transfer her prescription to another pharmacy.

14. Dark Matter

Dark Matter IncGamers Member

Are pharmacists allowed to just dish out Morning After pills to whoever asks for one in the US?

I may be wrong (I have never needed one so am not entirely sure) but I think that the M.A. pill can only be presribed in the UK. I think you need to see a Doctor or go to a clinic to get one.

15. Munch

Munch IncGamers Member

You need a prescription, which she had. You're also allowed to take a prescription anywhere you like, which she did. If you don't like the service you're getting, you're allowed to take your business elsewhere, which she did (or was forced to).

16. Dark Matter

Dark Matter IncGamers Member

Mea Culpa - sorry.

Skim read the article and concentrated on the replies.

I'll go away now.

17. swami

swami Banned

what the hell? what do you think the pharmacists role is? The pharmacist has EVERY right to refuse service or NOT dispense against a given prescription. A pharmacist is in the position he/she is BECAUSE he/she can exercise proper judgement on supply of medication.

In this case the patient should have been referred to the nearest place where the lady could obtain her meds. He is in the wrong here because he called the woman immoral.

Your take on pharmacists seems ignorant at best.

edit: just to add, in the UK, a pharmacist CAN deny the supply of emergency contraception if it does impede his/her religious beliefs, but the onus is then on the pharmacist to direct the patient to a different source.