Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Comparison PvM-to-PvP Match-up Question

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Ax2Grind, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Comparison PvM-to-PvP Match-up Question

What I'd like to know is, when including level difference and other stats monsters have, how would I compare to a PvP at each level?

IOW, if I had a CLvl30 Werebear (some of you know I built one) and fought against nightmare Izual (got the idea after looking at his defense/attack rating mouseover chances in a mule game after a my crier defeated hell Izual for the quest) would that compare to fighting another dueler outside of the skills players use?

If I'm relatively successful against him would that be a point to start dueling, or would he be relatively easy compared to other duelers? Are there other semi-comparative matchups, or could a reasonable list be made to give people ideas?

IAN, besting what monster would best represent the ability for a CLvl9 melee dueler to succeed against another player his own level? Then for other levels, types, etc, and in this way, people can just fight that monster until they can consistently beat it and then try the harder ones until they think they're ready.

Oh, and don't you dare say 'the Ancients' or I'll let WoolyBooly bearhug you. =P

2. Moritz

Moritz IncGamers Member

Re: Comparison PvM-to-PvP Match-up Question

no, you cannot compare pvm to pvp at all.

monsters always use certain patterns and have no brain. real players sometimes have a brain which means it should be much more difficult.

3. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

I'm talking stats here: defense versus attack rating - enough to counter level-to-level penalty both ways, damage to get the job done and resistances to survive until it is. You're talking AI, which is completely irrelevant until you're actually ready to duel, and I'm asking at what point a build could be worthy to start using when you are.

4. crawlingdeadman

crawlingdeadman IncGamers Member

what are his stats? too lazy to look up myself...

5. sweetalmonds

sweetalmonds IncGamers Member

There wouldn't be pvp without pvm
    B)