Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Comments Please

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Richard-gm39, Mar 8, 2004.

1. Richard-gm39

Richard-gm39 IncGamers Member

Comments Please

I know this post would suit the Necro forum better, but I only got 1 reply there, which was relatively helpful and just wanted a second opinion.

After reading many, many pages of info i've come up with this as my idea of a good PvM Trang Necro, and ideas/comments will be appreciated.

1 teeth
    1 bone armor (will get marrowwalks)
    9 PD
    20PE
    20PN
    1 CE

20 raise skellie
    20 skellie mast
    1 summon resist

1 AMP
    1 terror
    1 Decrep

(1 in prereq's for each tree)
    Well, thats the skill tree, 9 in PD because chances are i wont get to a high enough lvl to max it

Strength: Enough to wear all gear (includes + str gear)
    Dex: Max block .....can some1 plz tell me how much dex ill need with trang shield, or give me a link to the calculator?
    Vit: the rest
    Enrg: don't know...70 maybe?

Was planning to use Arm of King, and White on my switch

Thanks

2. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

Your skills look great. I messed up my first summoner, and I was considering going towards the poison nova path also. Some people would prefer having a maxed out corpse explosion, which helps in mfing also, but in my opinion poison nova is just as effective in different situations. And plus, you can use poison nova in pit runs even with low or no minions (if you ever decided to mf the pit with your necro). Your build looks great. I love the wand, but hate the bone prison casts it has heh. It'll also be interesting to see if the poison explosion skill will ever come in handy. Looks like a fine build to me.

Have fun lvling!

3. mordeth

mordeth IncGamers Member

summoner hybrid

Your plan looks good to me too. If you want to get some additional input, go to the SP forum. There's a stickied thread that has build guides. There are 2 necro hybrid guides there. One of them is much like yours but with bone skills. In the response section, someone discusses their build using the poison branch and claims to have good results.

One of them also focuses heavily on revives, so you can get a few alternative viewpoints.

As for blocking:
    Total blocking= Shield blocking * (Dex-15)/(2 * Character level) or

Dex = (1.5 * Character level / Shield blocking) + 15 (for max block of 0.75)

(shield block as a fraction, ie 0.82 for Whitstan's guard)

Hope this helps

4. Richard-gm39

Wow, thanks for the fast enthusiastic replies. Usually i just get a few comments, which aren't of much use. I now have 1 last question, which is, do my minions (eg skeletons) leech for me?...ML and LL?

Thanks 4 the help

5. sJw_shan

sJw_shan IncGamers Member

Nope. Minions will not leech for you unfortunately.

6. mordeth

mordeth IncGamers Member

Qualified no. The only exception being the normal effect of a blood golem (he deals damage, you get life, he takes damage, you lose life). They're treated as minions, and as such don't benefit from effects such as your resistance level, ml, ll, and the reverse holds true.

7. Richard-gm39

Ok, seems like i'm all ready to make 'Vampire-Trang' i'm sure i'll have many more questions along the way, but for now, thanks for the help :)