command question

Tyler

Diabloii.Net Member
command question

Im playing single player right now on d2, and isn't there a command that lets you increase the difficulty in game as if players were joining? Or leaving??
Im sure there is one, can anyone out there help me?
Much thanks.
 

Serdash

Diabloii.Net Member
Go in a game.

Hit the ENTER key.

Type in /players 8

That will simulate as if 7 other people had joined the game.

You can go up and down with this. You can use /players 1 for as if it were just you, or up to /players 8 if you want it to be as if it were up to 8.
 

seige

Diabloii.Net Member
Tyler said:
Im playing single player right now on d2, and isn't there a command that lets you increase the difficulty in game as if players were joining? Or leaving??
Im sure there is one, can anyone out there help me?
Much thanks.
Type /players X. X being the preference that you would like. EG /players 8 if you want to try a 8 ppl game. /players 4 etc. Adjust the setting to what suits you.

- Jas :howdy:

EDIT: Your too quick Dashy :D
 

seige

Diabloii.Net Member
Tyler said:
Hmm.. I don't think it is working..
Did you get a players set to 8 or what you set it to come up on the top left hand side of the screen.

- Jas :howdy:
 

Tyler

Diabloii.Net Member
seige said:
Did you get a players set to 8 or what you set it to come up on the top left hand side of the screen.

- Jas :howdy:
Nope no notice or anything showing any kind of change happened,
and Im playing .09d =X
 

LprMan

Diabloii.Net Member
Then type

players x

it won't show confirmation for changing the setting though, it was added in 1.10
 

Serdash

Diabloii.Net Member
Tyler said:
Nope no notice or anything showing any kind of change happened,
and Im playing .09d =X
Ah.

Well.

In 1.09 it's quite different.

Simply type players 8 instead of /players 8.

So leave off the / and it should work.
 

Tyler

Diabloii.Net Member
AAHHH!!
Yay a challenge for my lvl 18 melee assasin
Okay thanks for the help guys, drops are better too...wow
:D
 

Serdash

Diabloii.Net Member
Tyler said:
AAHHH!!
Yay a challenge for my lvl 18 melee assasin
Okay thanks for the help guys, drops are better too...wow
:D
No problem.

We just r0xxx0r like that.
 
Tyler said:
AAHHH!!
Yay a challenge for my lvl 18 melee assasin
Okay thanks for the help guys, drops are better too...wow
:D
Hehe, yep, much more fun.
Players 8 gives alll monsters 450% life, but they give you 450% EXP. Also, the drops arent better, there is just a lower chance of a monster not dropping anything, so you get more stuff, which means more chance of lovely golden drops. :thumbsup:
@rizzo below: You of course would know about that sort of thing wouldnt you? :p
 

HBeachBabe

Diabloii.Net Member
never played 1.09 much. was mostly 1.07 out of the box (didn't really think to look for an online commuity to help out or upgrade the game). was killing anything even possible at players=64? was it the same as now where each player adds 50% life? P8=450% life. P64=3150% life?!?!
normal Baal at P1 has [font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]26,484 life. at the typical P8, he has 119,178 life. at P64, he would have 834,246 life

in hell, P1 Baal has 493,701; P8 is 2,221,654; at P64 it would be 15,551,581!
did CB scale? Static field? was SF limited like it is now?
[/size][/font]
 

Chimaira

Diabloii.Net Member
Life didn't scale that much (3150%)...I don't know how much more life/experience monsters had but it wasn't that extreme.
 

TalkingDonkey

Diabloii.Net Member
HBeachBabe said:
never played 1.09 much. was mostly 1.07 out of the box (didn't really think to look for an online commuity to help out or upgrade the game). was killing anything even possible at players=64? was it the same as now where each player adds 50% life? P8=450% life. P64=3150% life?!?!
normal Baal at P1 has [font=arial,helvetica][size=-1]26,484 life. at the typical P8, he has 119,178 life. at P64, he would have 834,246 life

in hell, P1 Baal has 493,701; P8 is 2,221,654; at P64 it would be 15,551,581!
did CB scale? Static field? was SF limited like it is now?
[/size][/font]
For one thing on the insanely high hp monsters in 1.09, SF could sliver them. There was some kind of bug.

As for other types, Honestly people only seemed to play cows at the crazy high players settings. With a Hybridzon you could kill just as fast really.
 
Monsters were only 2 or 3 times as difficult (HP-wise) on P64 IIRC comapred to P8, but of course, go to hell cows P64 and unless your a cookie cutter build, or going to be doing alot of running away.
 
Top