Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Command line switches, Rarest Items

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by SabreCat, Feb 10, 2004.

1. SabreCat

SabreCat IncGamers Member

Command line switches, Rarest Items

Ok, I've done forum searches and Google searches until frustration did me in, but I could not find answers to these two DII topics. I'm guessing I'm just an ignorant newcomer, heh, but can anybody enlighten me?

1) Is there anywhere a comprehensive list of command line switches or arguments usable for Diablo II? I know "-w" and "-skiptobnet" from Blizzard's tech support pages, and recent forum discussions have clued me in to "-actN" and "-seedN". But I've also heard mention of "-ns" and others, without much clue as to their function. Is there a FAQ on this somewhere?

2) Every once in a while, someone on the forums here mentions a list of rarest DII items: not just things like Zods, but items with phenomenally unlikely perfect stats--or so I'm guessing. "Thrugg's Rarest" or something? What and where is this list?

2. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

3. SabreCat

Thanks--this definitely isn't all of them (it doesn't include "-ns", for example), but it's a good start.

No, at least I don't think so. It always sounded like people were talking about some article or site (it had a title of "[Somebody]'s Rarest" or "[Somebody's] 100 Rarest DII Items" or something) with a list of really, really rare things--not just elite uniques or TC87 items or the like, but instances of those that were, in turn, rare for their kind--and other items with just utterly impossible-to-get combinations of mods. Maybe things like a Golemlord's +3 Raise Skeleton +3 Skeleton Mastery wand, which gets mentioned hypothetically every now and again.

Maybe I can find a post that mentioned it and PM the author...

4. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

Dont bother with that article. I dont know its location but I can tell you this. BLIZZ changed a few prefixes and suffixes that can happen on certain things. Even a few cahnges would compeltely through that list of your off wack. Also, conceptually the lsit would include desired items. Since we are 1.10 the desired items are no longer the same.

One good example is an ETH beserker axe. Would you have kept one in 1.09???

5. SabreCat

Thanks for the warning, it makes sense. But note I didn't say what version I was playing in the first place. ;) It is 1.10, as it turns out; I've never played anything but. I'm still interested in things like that article, though, if for no other reason than to see how game mechanics and play style were before I started up with the game. This is mostly a matter of curiosity (on both questions)--is there something wrong with that?