Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

coming back to game and need serious help!

Discussion in 'Druid' started by dino attack, Apr 2, 2005.

1. dino attack

dino attack IncGamers Member

coming back to game and need serious help!

I decided to come back to Diablo 2 after a long period of being inactive (stopped right before 1.10 came out). I'm really lost and seriously need some help. I have to start from scratch now (I had a reasonable amount of wealth earlier). The first question I have is should I start my new character on Ladder or Non? Eventually I'd like to rebuild a pvp druid bear. What changes are there to pvp that I would need to know about? Are there any guides someone could recommend that are still relevant today? Another thing I've noticed is the lack of people...Are there still a large number of legit melee druids/paladins available to duel? Any information you could direct me to would be extremely helpful.

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

You are in luck...The druid forum has lots of excellent guides to fullfil all your needs...There's been lots of changes to PvP...first of all the PvP damage penalty is now 1/6...bowazons aren't king of the hill anymore, and a lot of builds can do insane damage so duels are probably shorter than before and a good defence is mandatory. As to ladder vs non-ladder I'm not the right person to ask but I will say that the new ladder-only runewords are pretty damn cool.

There are build guides right here...

http://forums.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=129178

I don't know if bear druids are succesfull at PvP but I do know that Wind Druids are the best druid PvP class.

3. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Welcome back! You might want to try a Fire Claws Bear. I think the guide is stickied?

4. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

Welcome back. If you have no hear waiting nl I would jump right onto the ladder, as mentioned the new runewords alone and some of the uniques make it worthwhile. As for pvp with no eth bug anymore, defence and ar are now important in melee duels. A bear can do ok but will not "own" especially in pubbies.

5. dino attack

How long DOES a ladder season last? I've been looking around and havn't been able to find a real answer to that. I understand there is no more "eth bug", I never really took advantage of it before so I should be alright in that department. My old bear was pretty much melee vs melee, he had 6 ed/ias jeweled sup phase, ed/max armor, and etc. Have any of the breakpoints changed?

6. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

Nobody knows the lenght of the ladder season it has been a while so normally one would think this season is close to its end, then again when is anything every "normal" with Blizzard!?!?

The breakpoints have all remained the same as far as I know and the robo-phase is still the best weapon for a maul or fireclaw bear in pvp.

7. Sh4dovv

Sh4dovv Banned

things are generally cheaper in non-ladder, so u can get back up onto your feet in to time.

ladder is due to reset soon, so either way u end up in non-ladder

at least if u begin on non-lad, u will have more stuff to ur name in the given time, than if u started on ladder

i can give u a couple of hi runes to get u started on non-lad if u need :)

8. LemurSpirit

LemurSpirit IncGamers Member

HI Folks!

I'm getting back to d2 too after almost 2 years of retirement! :D
    Gotta get used to all those new and godly runewords

I'm thinking about starting a MF windy just to get on my feet again, so I can build my pvp druid woth reasonable equipment. Ill be on east ladder

Is it a good idea?

Cya

9. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

A windy would be a good choice...but the best MF characters are Sorceresses and Skellymancers...sorceresses for teleport and massive damage, skellymancers for extreme survivability.

10. dino attack

I've always used a 6x ed/ias phase in the past for maul, but I'm reading some guides and even though I thought it reached 4 frames I guess it didn't? Is the increase on damage worth the loss in speed in pvp? I could always go 4x shael 2x jewels...

this is pretty disheartening, but I don't want to scrap my plan and go fireclaws like everyone else :\...