Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

coming back to D2

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Jigsaw, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Jigsaw

Jigsaw IncGamers Member

coming back to D2

so..i was an avid D2 fan for quite a while..but i stopped playing a year ago, cuz i found guild wars...but im returning after i heard D3 was announced cuz it got me really pumped....so...i have a question

me and my friend are going to go through the game normally...instead of running through and stuff....and im going to make an ice sorc aimed towards frozen orb...what should i friend make that would be a good combo?

p.s. we are starting from scratch

2. chenw

chenw IncGamers Member

Re: coming back to D2

First, I do not recommend Frozen Orb, it is nowhere near as it once was since 1.09d days. I would recommend maxing Blizzard with all its Synergies (Ice Bolt, Ice Blast and Glacial Spike), and finally some Cold Mastery.

Your other sorc doesnt really matter, but if it was up to me, I would go for lightning. It seems to me at least that there is less monsters that are both Light and Cold immune in hell than Fire/Cold Immunes.

3. Jigsaw

Jigsaw IncGamers Member

Re: coming back to D2

ah the other person isnt make a sorc although he could...were just trying to figure out what goes good with an ice sorc

4. Mursilis

Mursilis IncGamers Member

Since you are going to be untwinkled then I agree with the above, a pure Frozen Orb sorceress is not the easiest way to go. A dual elemental sorceress would be better, like the Meteorb or Blizzballer.

As for your friend, I'd suggest a character that can tank as your character is going to be somewhat fragile. You have lots of choices, such as a Tesladin, Avenger, Wearbear Druid, Fishymancer, Concentration Barbarian and Lightning Javazon to name a few. Any of those would work well as they deal damage different from your character and can keep the monsters away from you as well.