Coming back to D2, build ideas?

inatey

Diabloii.Net Member
Coming back to D2, build ideas?

i havent played in a while. i lost all my accounts and characters, and it was all before this current patch. so, i need a good mf character, and naturaly i was thinking a sorc. whats the current best mf sorc build? do people still do lighning for mf? or what do you guys think.

Last edited:

UberB

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Coming back to D2, build ideas?

As I hate Meteorb I prefer blizzard for mf. You can do fine untwinked for the following reasons:

1. Cold mastery reduces resistances instead of increasing damage making it friendly for poorer players as well as rich ones
2. You don't have to go toe-to-toe with the monsters, Blizzard lasts 4 seconds and you can drop a blizzard and run.
3. Blizzard is perfect for Meph because of the Cold Mastery that takes care of his 75 cold resist as well as the way blizzard works for a moat trick.

jimmah

Diabloii.Net Member

Blizzard also works in Ancient Tunnels (act2 lost city, another high lever area like The Pit ) if you want to farm like that. No cold immune spawns except the occasional boss.

Poppis

Diabloii.Net Member

Well I wouldnt recommend pure fire sorc for your first char.

Blizzard and Meteorb can both do the job...

So make Meteorb.:wink:

inatey

Diabloii.Net Member

why do you max telekenisis in that build? what is it usefull for?

ProfessionalBerg

Diabloii.Net Member

I say go with a Meteorb. Versatile, powerful, easy to gear out.

However, I'd advice you wait until Ladder reset (due in 4 days) before you create new characters.

Zelator

Diabloii.Net Member

But you can't kill the fallen or zombies around andy which is really risky.
A pure fire sorc don't even need to use static field againt andy, she dies in a few fireballs. When she's dead those fallens die as well.

PS: Max Fire mastery last.

inatey

Diabloii.Net Member

can anyone link a good build/guide for a mf sorc. keeping in mind that gear will be hard to come by. im starting on the new ladder.

HeadgyHog

Diabloii.Net Member

why done they max energy sheild?
Well it all depends people don't like to waste skill points in this talent because if you have the right gear then it should recieve a nice several level bonuses. So you really just need one point to make it active.

Murelio

Diabloii.Net Member

CL/Orber is good and very versatile. I'm addicted to pure lit sorcs however.

inatey

Diabloii.Net Member

Well it all depends people don't like to waste skill points in this talent because if you have the right gear then it should recieve a nice several level bonuses. So you really just need one point to make it active.
but what im asking is, if only 1 is needed in energy shield, cause with + skils it is enough, then why do they max telekienisis?