Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Coming back after 2 yrs!!!

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by TehJoker, Sep 4, 2006.

1. TehJoker

TehJoker IncGamers Member

Coming back after 2 yrs!!!

Ok so here i am coming back after 2yrs of not playing... 2 or 3 im not sure... i quite when 1.10 came out and messed up my drzon (yeah the imba pierce ga abuse life leach overpowered one) uber d was just intro'd. It seems there has been some changes since then with the intro of uber tristram from what im reading... builds have chaged... pvp has chaged... lots have chaged. ok so here is my question to all u 1.11 sorc experts out there. Hows this look for pvm mfing? its a hydra orb sorc

Cold tree...
    Frozen orb 20
    Cold Master 1

Fire tree...
    Firebold 1-20
    Fireball 1-20
    Hydra 20
    Fire Mastery 20

Prereq's 6 (7 if u include Frozen orb synergy)

Remainder of points into Frost Bolt

i thought it looked good on the skill planner but having no experiance with the 1.10 - 1.11 day and age i need your advice... ty in advance!

2. LordSuch

LordSuch IncGamers Member

Welcome back... I did much the same thing, having not played since 1.09 I restarted about 2 weeks ago and have been slowly climbing the greasy pole of wealth ever since.

I assume if you're coming back you are going to have to play using the gear you find. If you're playing on ladder, keep all your gems and cube p.gems as they have become good trade fodder now - I traded myself into shako, occulus, tals ammy etc all with pgems.

As for the skills, you're definately going to want teleport and warmth - static is also a must have in my opinion. However I would advise you to read the meteorb guide as it is completely viable untwinked. Mine is level 81 now and able to solo hell and most importantly handle most of the MF areas with 300%+ MF.

Good luck and welcome back!

LS

3. exportforce

exportforce IncGamers Member

in two weeks 81 Oo ???
    how did you do THAT

4. ioupainmax

ioupainmax IncGamers Site Pal

2 words...Baal Runs

5. ioupainmax

ioupainmax IncGamers Site Pal

2 words...Baal Runs

6. TehJoker

TehJoker IncGamers Member

Well the Hydra/Orb sorc is workin well just got done soloing NM Diablo with no deaths at lvl 44 still runnin on some stuff i found back in Act 5 Norm lol... no one seems to like my offers... some guy gave me a 2os wws though that should help a lil bit. (the fight with d took 25-30 min lol)

7. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Welcome back!

Yay! to another fan of the Orb/Hydra build :D
    Love them myself. On suggestion though. Frozen Orb will be powerful enough in Hell without Icebolt synergy. The added Cold Mastery does its job nicely.

i would suggest to add the remaining points to Fire Mastery, so that you make you Hydra and Fireball more powerful, which you will need for better killing speed in Hell difficulty.

Otherwise, spamming Fireballs, planting Hydras and throwing the big ice ball is alot of fun :D

Easy to make runewords on your checklist should be:
    Insight (on merc)
    Spirit Sword
    Lore Helmet
    Stealth armor
    Rhyme Shield
    Spirit Shield (goes into a Monarch only as lowest shield so will not likey drop before hell difficulty)

With these items you will have good casting rate early on and no mana problems whatsoever.

The runes for these items can be found by running The Countess in all difficulties.

8. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Doing Baal runs with 7 other players gives alot of EXP. Getting to lvl81 can be achieved in no time.