Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Comin back to d2, can't decide what to do

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by PierceBRS, Oct 2, 2006.

1. PierceBRS

PierceBRS IncGamers Member

Comin back to d2, can't decide what to do

I'm comin back to d2 from a very long absence, I wanted to get the opion of a few of you on the forums what is the most FUN to play, and also whether to go Hardcore or softcore. I really cant decide.

I used to play a barb, and a shapeshift druid, but with a lot of new changes my world of D2 is very different than that of the present, please any input is welcome.

2. SirDooFuss

SirDooFuss IncGamers Member

The only easy answer here is to go softcore. Hardcore without any experience with all the changes to the game would be massively frustrating. Make your mistakes in softcore, then try hardcore.

You seem to favor melee, so unless you want to give casters a try (Windy Druid, Hammerdin, and the good old Frozen Orb/Chain Lightning sorc) or a summoner necro, I'd suggest an Iron barb or a Zeal-Smiter paladin. Look through the guides in the class specific forum for more info.

Good Luck!

3. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

There are some new builds you can try because of the new items and synergies offered. If you're just starting out and you're looking for some decent gear to get yourself set up, I would suggest making a Sorc so you can MF around a bit.