Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

"Come, let's trade"

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Myrakh-2, Jun 25, 2005.

1. Myrakh-2

Myrakh-2 IncGamers Member

"Come, let's trade"

Well, I have the money, and Drogman wants to trade --- question is, when does he offer me that elusive whiteable bonespear wand?

This is getting annoying --- why can't I just tell him what I want, and he calls me when he gets it? :)

EDIT: I *knew* this would happen... the first white +3 bonespear... in a yew :)

2. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

That's better than finding the +3 bone spear in a 2 os magic wand ;)

*rips drognan's head off*

3. Myrakh-2

Luckily I did get it the +3 bonespear, and it even came with 2 sockets already built in :)

Things got a lot faster when I noticed that the wand images are tied to the type, and that bone wands not only have their own image, they are also always placed at the end of Drogman's wand collection...

Lvl 32 bonespear already, and I'm not even lvl 60 yet... so still not wearing Arachnid, Shako and Marrows :) I did notice that I like the Silkweaves, though... nice mana boost... but unfortunately I don't see a way to order Marrows 2 or 3 sizes larger so I can wear them along with the Silkweaves...

Now all I need is some 4 socket polearm for Insight on a merc... I guess I'll have to do some cowing and pitting and whatever...

Unfortunately I'll have to decide between Holy Freeze and Defiance once I find that polearm :-(

Corpse Explosion without Trangs is cute :) A bit low level since I only put 1 hardpoint there, but still...

Gumby is a bit too vulnerable for my taste, but I've never had Gumby as my only minion... and I'll be getting 3 more +skills. Still doing nightmare, though...

On the minus side, Syndur the Skelemancer had to give up my one and only SOJ --- it seemed to make more sense on the bonemancer. But now I definitely need to find at least 1 more summon skiller :-(

Of course, the Skelemancer didn't find the SOJ himself --- Zyndria the bowazon did, but to her it was just a useless piece of crap. But luckily she knew that Syndur is collecting useless stuff... and he even handed her an quiver of arrows in return, which was an excellent trade.

4. sequoia

sequoia IncGamers Member

lol sounds like a fun bonemancer

did you put into golem mastery? also, remember that the golem scales so in hell it's going to have a LOT of life (and is going to need it)

5. Myrakh-2

More like a pretty standard one, except that I'm only using average gear. But that's just because I don't have access to the runewords...

I am running low on Naj staffs, though --- I don't have a single one, but neither the bonemancer nor my bowazon have a weaponswitch, so one of these staffs would be nice for both... :scratch:

Of course. 1 in clay, mastery and summon resist.

I know. Have been playing a Skelemancer for ages so I pretty much know Gumby's strengths. I just don't have the experience with a somewhat lower level Gumby (since I'm not going for +summoning skills here...) and even more so a Gumby that's pretty much the only minion until I get the merc, but even then it will only be 2 minions...

Come to think of it, the level isn't *that* bad compared to the early gear of my skelemancers: currently all my +skills except for the White wand are +all skills...

I was considering using skellies as well, but don't plan on doing this anymore. I might add the points for Revives, though... although it's quite an investment (Raise Skeleton, Skeleton Mage, Revive, Blood Golem, Iron Golem --- I can skip Skeleton Mastery since I have that on wand and Marrows). So it's either that, or +35% damage from another 5 synergy levels :)

6. Beneathnoise

Beneathnoise IncGamers Member

Hey, myrakh, i got a boneshade layin around if you wanna borrow it till you get your white.

i;m on alot as beneathsilence. You may not get a response if i'm idling in act 5 for uber D tho.

my aim is beneaththenoise as well.

7. Myrakh-2

I got my White, but thanks anyway :)

EDIT: and I'm playing on Europe :)

8. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Gumby does alright with just a few +skills. The Homonc, Shako, and Arachnid's should keep him pretty survivable and you already know he's cheap to resummon. Also, the life boost in Nightmare and Hell seems disproportional to the difficulties. I've actually found that if my CG was struggling at the end of Nightmare he suddenly become a lot more viable in Hell.

9. Myrakh-2

Oh well... won't be entering hell anytime soon :-(

I've been stupid enough to decide on Defiance, so I'm now levelling my merc... he's reached 19 now :) Found a sup (durabillity, unfortunately, and some AR --- no damage) cryptic axe with 4 sockets for his Insight, and the level req is 59 --- so that's what I'm aiming for. Don't know yet whether he'll have the stats to equip it by then, but I'll see...

The Insight came out at lvl 15 --- not perfect, but until I find another suitable polearm I'll keep it :)

Homunculus I'm already wearing, but Shako, Arachnid and my 20 :-( Maras (completely forget that one until now...) are still waiting... so Gumby won't be too bad in the end. Viper +1, Homunculus +2, Shako +2, Maras +2, Arachnid +1, SOJ +1 -- should come out at lvl 10.

10. Beneathnoise

Beneathnoise IncGamers Member

I'm pretty sure the str req for cryptic axe is somewhere above level 70.

i know bonehew was level 84, and i don't think a cryp axe is much lower str wise.

11. Myrakh-2

Seems you are right: I just checked Arreat Summit for str req, and the merc thread in these forums for the merc data, and it seems lvl 71 is required until I can get some Insight into the art of meditation.

Shouldn't be that much of a problem, though... I hope.

But since I don't even have his final gear yet, I can just as well check the gear that I do have to see if I can find something suitable for him with +str to help out at least for a while...