Combined Hammerdin/ÃœberSmiter?

leeloo

Diabloii.Net Member
Combined Hammerdin/ÃœberSmiter?

Hi,

I heard this somewhere and wonder if there are any good guides around?
I'm in the works of such a paladin, switching gear depending on mfing or doing ubers..

Some spontanious thoughts about such build, anyone? Skill plan?

I would also appreciate if someone can link to an up-to-date, top-notch guide for pure hammerdin..

Thanks!

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
That guide just posted is all you need.
A guide for a hammerdin is like a guide on how to open a door. No surprises anywhere, just what you'd expect.

low/base str
dex enough for maxblock
no energy
rest vita

points into hammer, conc and synergies to hammer, dump a bunch in holy shield too.

Duelling is another thing though.

leeloo

Diabloii.Net Member
Thanks for replies,

I don't really get the exact skill distribution for a combined hammerdin/smiter though=) more tips welcome

zallus

Diabloii.Net Member
All u have to do is make a pure hammerdin put 1 point into smite and the rest you get in holy shield and you should be fine.

With the proper item switch that is

Phalmos

Diabloii.Net Member
If it's an exact breakdown you're looking for (although I'm sure this was in the guide) Skills are as follows:
Prayer - 1 (Prereq)
Cleansing - 1 (Prereq)
Defiance - 1 (Prereq)
Vigor - 20 (Synergy)
Might - 1 (Prereq)
Blessed Aim - 20 (Synergy)
Concentration - 20
Holy Bolt - 1 (Prereq)
Blessed Hammer - 20 (duh)
Smite - 1 (every smiter only needs 1 pt in smite. Even a pure smiter won't benefit a whole lot from putting more points in here.)
Charge - 1 (Prereq)
Holy Shield - 20 (Max last)
Total: 107 Skill points, finishing at level 96.

That is the exact skill distribution you will need.

leeloo

Diabloii.Net Member
If it's an exact breakdown you're looking for (although I'm sure this was in the guide) Skills are as follows:
Prayer - 1 (Prereq)
Cleansing - 1 (Prereq)
Defiance - 1 (Prereq)
Vigor - 20 (Synergy)
Might - 1 (Prereq)
Blessed Aim - 20 (Synergy)
Concentration - 20
Holy Bolt - 1 (Prereq)
Blessed Hammer - 20 (duh)
Smite - 1 (every smiter only needs 1 pt in smite. Even a pure smiter won't benefit a whole lot from putting more points in here.)
Charge - 1 (Prereq)
Holy Shield - 20 (Max last)
Total: 107 Skill points, finishing at level 96.

That is the exact skill distribution you will need.

What guide? there's only a smiter guide urled in here.

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
There is a stickied thread named Paladin Guides Thread-Paladin FAQ-Calculations Guide-Rune Words.

Guess what it contains? :azn:

When people say "check the guide thread", "read the guide", "there is a guide about that already", or basically anything containing the word "guide", your best bet is to find it in the stickied guide thread.

The only exceptions are people with occasional questions saying "I've read through all the guides and couldn't find what I was looking for, please help".

thefranklin

Diabloii.Net Member
The only exceptions are people with occasional questions saying "I've read through all the guides and couldn't find what I was looking for, please help".
And in that case, the search is the next thing to use. Search the paladin subforum for the main skill or weapon in the build, as there are a lot of builds that do not make it into the guide thread for some reason.

Phalmos

Diabloii.Net Member
I was actually going by the guide KIRBIX wrote elsewhere... but I'm sure the guide here has it too. It's a pretty simple build. Regardless, guide or no, that is the skill setup you are looking for. Question answered.