Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Combat Necro

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Ferrous, Mar 28, 2004.

1. Ferrous

Ferrous IncGamers Member

Combat Necro

Idea that I came up with - wanna know what you guys think. The idea of the build has to take advantage of the marrowalk bug to be completely effective. Here goes...

Point allocation:
    20 - poison dagger
    20 - Poison explosion
    20 - Poison Nova
    20 - bone armor
    20 - bone wall
    rest - amplify damage

The gear for the character (besides marrowalks) would be combat based, with the addition that they would also be geared towards lowering the enemy's poison defense (and amplifying your own). Character stats would be roughly as follows:

Strength: just enough for gear
    Dexterity: 200+
    Energy: 50 (just some to get by with, relying on items to increase your energy pool - this would be mostly for the cursing, as that would be your main drain of energy)
    Vitality: rest

The character would be a tanking necro, and idea I have yet to see, and this will probably be my next character make, if I can ever find marrowalks, LOL. Any thoughts on it?

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

You will need to get Decrep and DV. They are mandatory. The set-up looks like the standard Daggermancer, but you need to work in both Decrep and DV.

If you want you can get LR to help with PI, but it is not really mandatory.

3. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

Cannibalise the 19 points in Bone Armor (it will still be good enough) and put them into Dim Vision (most of them) and Decrepify (1 of them) as Sensei Mad Mantis tells you.

4. Ferrous

Ferrous IncGamers Member

How would decrep help? I mean, monsters slowing down is nice, but the build focuses on poison damage, not physical. As for DV, I can see putting a point in it being useful.

5. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

You are planning on walking up to a monster and stab it with your dagger right? Wouldn't a monster that moves slower, attacks slower, attacks less and takes more damage make your survival a whole lot easier?