Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Colored Game Names....

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by templecrasher, Oct 15, 2006.

1. templecrasher

templecrasher IncGamers Member

Colored Game Names....

So yesterday (or the day before, who knows) I'm sitting in our channel scanning the games, and I see "drop game" in green text. Since I have no desire to get scammed, I ignored it and kept looking. A few minutes later I see another one, not sure if it was the same game or not, but now the name is red. How do you get the name to showup in color? I was guessing that it is a hack of some type, because I have seen them before and it is always "drop game" or "I dupe 4 U" or some garbage like that. Sorry for the long winded-ness, just a little curious about this.

2. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

It is a kind of hack and we are not allowed to talk in here.

3. templecrasher

I figured that was it, just had to check. Is there any danger in entering the games and PKing them? I love squashing some Haxx0rs.

4. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Of course not, it's just a special color changing character.

5. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

I personally don't find any problems that will rip you off unless you drop your items yourself :rolleyes:

6. templecrasher

I appreciate your attempt at sarcasm, but it isn't really pertinent to this topic.
    OT: I wondered at first if it was a Blizz rep - kinda like how the mods names are a different color here. The only use I could think of would be to catch haxxors (entrapment) by luring them in to dubiously titled games. However, Blizz would have to care for something like this to happen so I dismissed the idea. It would catch more newbs than scammers. Oh well, not exactly critical info - like I said I was just curious about it.
    I thought that it would be OK, but you never know these days. Who would have thought you could base an entire economy on manipulating the servers?:evil:

7. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

What part of my post was sarcastic?

8. templecrasher

Are you serious?

Just in case, I'll refresh your memory:

It was that part ^^^

9. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Um, I wasn't being sarcastic. There's a special color changing character. That's how they do it Starcraft too. And in people's profiles. Every player-made map on Starcraft uses them. Perhaps you thought I meant character as in something you use to play the game as opposed to a typographical symbol?

10. templecrasher

My apologies then, I thought you meant character as in "a Paladin". I've never played any other online games so these things are unfamiliar to me. Is that a "hack" or are you allowed to explain it within the forum's rules?

11. BloZ

BloZ IncGamers Member

Merick is right. It's not a hack. It's actually pretty easy to do. And to my knowing, people on Battle.net don't get any problems with it (like banning or muting...)

People just qualify something as a hack when they don't know how it's done.

Still, I prefer not explaining it, as I don't know if it's forbidden on these forums.