Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Color hack being used in game text?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Vilencia, Feb 18, 2004.

1. Vilencia

Vilencia IncGamers Member

Color hack being used in game text?

Never seen this one before... an odd pk attempt went like this. I was doing a public hell andy run for the quest when a lvl 76 paladin comes in and hostiles us saying to come out and duel. No one did realizing obviously he was a pker. A level 91 sorc was in the game the entire time killing meph. She appears in act 1 and says she will kill the paladin. They run out and the pally displays the message of being slain by the sorc something or other IN THE USUAL GOLD TEXT (The one that is used when you are killed)... The sorc sends a tp for us and tells us to come loot him. A necro enters the tp and is killed by the PALADIN meaning he was not killed. Was this color hack? It was really odd as I was really close to going in the tp but decided not to... Im really really really cautious in hc which is a good thing. :) I just want to know, can color hack be used in game? I know its in channels and peoples profiles but in game is something new to me. Any ideas or know-how?
    ~Vile

2. Kelicc

Kelicc IncGamers Member

I've never seen it, personally, but from reading these boards, that sounds exactly what happened. They used color hack to make everyone think that the paladin was dead in order to lure you out so that he could pk you.

3. terrymanning

terrymanning IncGamers Member

Maybe not the oldest trick in the book, but it's still very old. Never fall for this. People who hostile you don't normally give you loot.

TM

4. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

Yes, I've seen this too. I was tricked about two years ago. The pker "died" in the den. The pkker had said the pker was dumb for allowing loot and we should go loot him. There is just enough lag time going through the opening for him to wack you and have deeds remembered. I spent the rest of the day following the pair around and warning players of their lame color hack.

5. killerxbabe

killerxbabe IncGamers Member

Yes, this trick is being used ALOT. Usually see it where the PK displays message "so and so killed by andariel" or something like that. See this tried at least once every evening I'm playing in pubbies.

6. LunarCrisis

LunarCrisis IncGamers Member

How'd you follow them? Doesn't it always give you that (private game) message?

7. senji

senji Banned

color hack is easy to see
    you will always see a white ":"
    if you see that its color hack

8. YouHaveMail

YouHaveMail IncGamers Member

no you won't. the pally would've said something like"haha you suck" then a lot of spaces, and the next line would start with the slain message.

9. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Just to clarify, in chat and profiles there's no hack involved, just copy-pasting certain things from notepad. In game however a hack is needed.

10. wearethedead

wearethedead IncGamers Member

colorhack

im not sure if it is actually colorhack or not but from playing on sc i always saw those d2 buy sites and they would come in with flashy colors and messages saying to buy stuff in games, used to annoy the hell out of me when playing norm pub games.

11. Starkey

Starkey IncGamers Member

Yeah too people that go around and try and trick ppl into loot dueling in USWest HC are GayAndLovingIt And Fire-Mouse or Moose both are Pallys one was like OMG yo can u come out and loot get my gear im like umm lol nah ive seen u guys around u always together in games i know its a trick bye bye

12. baalos

baalos IncGamers Member

pkers play in public games, not private. I just looked at the players in the pubbies and if I saw them, followed them. Didnt take long for them to quit. One of them even offered me stuff to stop it.