Colo sword and colo blade

AxlRose

Diabloii.Net Member
Colo sword and colo blade

Can someone tell me why Colossus blade is tc 87 and requires alot more than a Colossus Sword when the Colo Sword got bigger damage and if im not wrong even faster. Am I missing something or is this an unsolved problem for anyone else?:D

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
A colossus blade is faster than a colossus sword (base speed 5 vs. 10). The speed difference of 5 is considered a bigger advantage than the average damage difference of 3 for one-handed use respectively 5 for two-handed use. For example, it means that the suffix "of quickness" is enough for a CB to reach the final whirlwind breakpoint while a CS of quickness will miss it by 5.

AxlRose

Diabloii.Net Member
ok...

Didn't even know Blizzard thoought about breakpoints and such stuff:p Thought you guys on these forums came up with that:p Thanks for the answer anyway

Feetstench

Diabloii.Net Member
IIRC

Colossos Sword can only get 5 Sockets, while the CB can get 6. In .09 expansion this was a verry big deal. Now there are good 5 rune recipies.

Superhal

Diabloii.Net Member
also very interesting is that the exceptional versions of both swords are opposite. the exceptional cb is higher damage, slower but still 6s. the exceptional cs is lower damage and way faster (-20.)

it doesn't bother me at all actually, i like that the game is substantially different in the details.

jiansonz

Diabloii.Net Member
Superhal said:
also very interesting is that the exceptional versions of both swords are opposite. the exceptional cb is higher damage, slower but still 6s. the exceptional cs is lower damage and way faster (-20.)
I think of the Executioner Sword as an 'almost-elite', in terms of damage (which is pretty high) and STR/DEX requirement (which are just as tough as for most elites). Not a favourite item type for me.