Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

College Rocks

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by piff, Aug 27, 2006.

1. piff

piff Diabloii.Net Member

College Rocks

Well, at least at Gettysburg. Before classes start. Everything from sexual assult lectures to comedians have been fun and entertaining. The college doesn't try to prevent anything, they just say do stuff responsibly. Fewer stupid people makes life easier. I have friends at different colleges who already dislike it and are also in orientation.

As a side note, axiel and I met. We'll work on getting a picture up.

Oh....ummm...I'm gonna fade back into the shadows now. Until later, lasses and gents.

2. Stompwampa

Stompwampa Diabloii.Net Member

wow...you start early...our classes don't start until the 7th or so...sometime after Labor day

3. Corneo

Corneo Diabloii.Net Member

At the sexual assault lecture at my orientation 3 years ago, they speaker made a comment that she didn't think there would be a problem with my class. My entire class was all guys (engineering group).

4. Empired

Empired Diabloii.Net Member

Yes, college does rock... I've been here (McGill) less than a day and I already never want to leave. My roommate is awesome and meeting people is so, so, so easy.

Wheee. Also, I am slightly drunk. For the first (legal) time.

5. LonghornRob

LonghornRob Diabloii.Net Member

College does indeed rock! Finally I can get back to being surrounded by hot girls in shorts five times a day. Of course it also helps my morale a bit that our football team is fresh off a national title and is expected to be a top 5 team again this year. Oh man, I can't freaking wait for September 9th. It might be one of the funnest nights of my life.

Of course, what also makes the beginning of the college year fun is financial aid. Gotta love those two days of the year when $3500 is magically dropped into your bank account (never mind how much of that I'll have to pay back). Video ipod here I come!

6. Dondrei

Dondrei Diabloii.Net Member

We'll see how happy you are come exam time though...

We never got sexual assualt lectures.

7. Corneo

The week before finals I study with my classmates which usually includes a hot chick. That's sorta nice.

8. Omikron8

Omikron8 Diabloii.Net Member

until you finish undergraduate and realize that your degree is nothing more than an expensive piece of paper

9. llad12

llad12 Diabloii.Net Member

Let me know about those ghosts of Pickett's Charge and Little Round Top ... :azn:

10. Johnny

Johnny Banned

Never heard of a sexual assault class though in the last months of highschool we had a class called "Sex and Relationship"

I didnt find out about that class til the last minute though. I was out working on a sonstruction site with another student named HÃ¥kan and I got a call from my painting teacher that told me "On tuesday you are going too have sex and relationship with HÃ¥kan and the others in the class so be here at 9 that day"

Which freaked me out for a few seconds til he explained it was a class.

11. Croup

Croup Diabloii.Net Member

Hey Piff, you might want to watch out once school starts. Gettysburg (and other colleges like it) might talk a big game about doing things responsibly, but their campus police comes down hard on underage drinking, especially during the first couple weeks. I'm not sure if that's your cup of tea (or beer as it may be), but you obviously don't want to get in trouble.

And being an undergrad is fun. You know what it's like being a grad student on a campus full of people that are about four years younger than you?

Creepy.

12. Rius666

Rius666 Diabloii.Net Member

I hate you so much. We started on the 21st, which barely gave me enough time to recover from taking summer classes.

Are you on semesters or quarters? If you're on quarters then that makes a bit more sense. Otherwise you must've either gotten out real late or should thank the heavens for letting you have such a long break.

13. piff

piff Diabloii.Net Member

Of course. That's why I'm not drinking the first few weeks. A nice chunk of the building across the way all got write ups on the second or third day.

Empired, legally? Aren't you the same age as me?

14. Kaysaar

Kaysaar Diabloii.Net Member

Empired goes to school at McGill, in Montreal. In the province of Quebec, the legal drinking age is 18.

15. Gertlex

Gertlex Banned

Ohhhh, so that's why so many people I know are going to Canada for college:rolleyes:

I move in (technically i just move to the other side of town) on Wednesday... Sorta looking forward to it.

16. {KOW}Spazed

{KOW}Spazed Banned

One more year and I'm free. If I get into the college I want(they've been calling twice a week. . .) then it should be pretty kick ***.

Good luck piff and stop by more often.

17. Corneo

Can't find a job? What was your major?

18. Stompwampa

Stompwampa Diabloii.Net Member

we're on semesters. Classes start after labor day, Christmas break starts on Dec. 18, spring semester starts January 22, 2007 and summber break for us will start may 7th or so, depending on how finals falls.

19. zodiac66

zodiac66 Diabloii.Net Member

Imagine 20 years younger :grin: .

Some of you may remember Mr. Lang, he attends the same school and I told him I would buy him lunch sometime. That will be the second person from the OTF I have met.

20. Yaboosh

Yaboosh Diabloii.Net Member

Two more days and I am back on campus. Fairly nervous since I have to get a 3.5 GPA while attaining my masters to qualify for the phd program so I have to be on my A game (literally I suppose) the entire time.