Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Collectors Edition

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 General Discussion' started by Toetag, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Toetag

Toetag IncGamers Member

Collectors Edition

I recently reserved a copy of D3 at Gamestop. This is mostly because of the CE that will inevitably come out in limited numbers.

My question is this: Do you think they will have a D3 pet, or will it just be a bunch of soundtracks and lore crap? What do you think the pet will be? I hope it's a mini Wirt.

Edit: And no, there is no release date, just a generic one of 12/31/10 for Gamestop's computers.

2. Sass

Sass IncGamers Member

Re: Collectors Edition

I'd like a 1 legged midget pet and all, but that's inhumane and I'd likely be getting bonus soundtracks, concept art, etc.

3. Apocalypse

Apocalypse IncGamers Member

we might get a fancy cloth map or something or other lol. in my experience CE's are not worth the money (though i have bought a few anyway)

4. Lord_Jaroh

Lord_Jaroh IncGamers Member

I hope to god it's a bunch of soundtracks/artbooks/map/lore "crap" rather than a pet that I have no use for! I hope there isn't a pet at all, but looking at the Starcraft one, there probably will be.

Gimme a CE that will be worth it, not one in name only, provided the game actually turns out to be good...

5. Apocalypse

i agree jaroh. the pet thing does not fit D3 at all, unless that pet actually fights. say for instance everyone can get a pet (since bliz loves pets for some reason) that actually helps you out but the CE owners get unique pets. anyway i want something good IRL and in game item

6. Malaterre

Malaterre IncGamers Member

I agree that the pet does not fit the game at all.
    First because the characters are so small on the screen that a pet would be essentially invisible.
    Second it would ruin a bit the dark atmosphere. I do not want my barbarian slashing monsters with a cute bunny at his heels...

They will probably put a code to unlock a WoW pet for the players who play both games.

7. Apocalypse

i wonder how much extra lag all the pets cause in wow

8. Risingred

Risingred IncGamers Member

I'm tired of soundtracks I don't listen to and "behind-the-scenes" that is only crap you can see during development interviews with the media. Artbooks that are collections of pre-released art.

I don't mind cosmetic DLC like what Blizzard is doing with SC2, and I really like the custom USB drive. Stuff like that, I can dig. Actual, collectible-style items.
    Stuff I would want to see:

An actual behind-the-scenes and not just with the lead producer and some art people. I would like to hear from the sound department, the music department, the cinematics department. Actual behind-the-scenes, "philosophy behind games" type of stuff.
    Stuff directly related to the game, ie no WoW pet in the SC2 box. That would be like putting a Diablo-themed map pack for SC2 in the Diablo III collector's edition. Keep your marketing elsewhere, please. Leave it for facebook and twitter.

But what I want to see in particular, and I've said it a few times now:

I remember that there was this old Indiana Jones computer game that went along with the third movie. It actually had, leather-bound, Indiana Jone's Journal from the movie and I thought that was insanely cool. I would like that, but with the journal (a journal, as in an epistolary--not one of the horrid fan fictions they pass off as stories) of the writings of Abd al-Hazir, along with the writer who wrote the entries for the website. They did a great job with that.

And:
    A black plastic box with a plastic blue gem in the middle. When you push the gem, it lights up purple. When you push it again, it goes back to unlit blue.
    I would not even advertise this as being in the CE. I would just slip them into the packages, ninja-like, and await the flood of people on the forums asking what it is and why it is in their CE box for D3.

9. reyoo

reyoo IncGamers Member

You have a lot of good ideas Risingred.

One thing I might want to see is if armor dyes make their way into the game it would be kinda kool to get an exclusive dye color like gold or maybe even a dye that glows.

10. Apocalypse

some games used to give little pewter figurines with the CE version of games, something like that would be good imo. soundtracks and any behind the scenes stuff is all trash for me. i want something to display or use

11. reyoo

reyoo IncGamers Member

soundtracks and interviews and what not can easily be found on the net.

heck a lot of the times what they give you has already been used in marketing before the game had even been released.

12. Flux

Flux Administrator

What's in the SC2 CE, for $100?

D3:CE would likely have equivalent: art book, DVD, soundtrack, WoW pet.

D3 comic book = pretty good bet?

USB drive = who knows. Maybe that's just an SC thing, since it's a scifi game with computers, and very unlike D3 in that regard. What's a reasonable D3 trinket to replace it? Dagger/letter opener? Mini-diablo skull key ring/bliz authenticator?

We don't know enough about D3 B.net stuff to even guess what exclusive online crap might come with it; in-game graphical stuff seems unlikely since it's such an item-based game, though. Diff-looking units in SC2 are harmless; diff-looking D3 gear = big news?

If you look at the CE package deal on an economic level, it's a pretty good deal. $40 more for the CE, and you get a $15 soundtrack, $25 coffee table book, $20 DVD, $4 comic book, $8 flash drive, + digital stuffs of indeterminate value, though virtually every WoW pet has been ebay-able for $50+. Of course that assumes you'd pay retail price for any of that stuff, were it not all jammed into the CE, and I bet most of us would not.

13. Sass

Sass IncGamers Member

D3 comic would be awesome. For a USB stick, I can't settle on just one thing. :S Too many options XD

14. DoW Fanatic

DoW Fanatic IncGamers Member

Exactly. I was contemplating making a thread such as this when I read the list of stuff that comes with the CE. I can only imagine what loot might come with the Diablo3 CE. I'm betting it'll be good though and you can quote me on that if you like. :p If I'm wrong, I'll ship you a twelve-pack of you favorite beer. :wink:

Disclaimer: purchase of CE necessary, offer void where prohibited by law.

kekekeke

15. Aisriyth

Aisriyth IncGamers Member

I would like to see:

Artbook hardcover - I love Blizzards concept art department!

Soundtrack set up specifically for listening to and not just taking the raw game music.

USB with Diablo 1, 2 & LoD

A sexy box!

I am still kicking myself for not getting onto of the SC2 CE in time so much that i won't be buying the game till i can hopefully find a relatively speaking cheap CE.

16. Slevinn

Slevinn IncGamers Member

Yeah, it's kind of hard for anyone to suggest items for a D3 CE since we don't really know what features there will be. But in my opinion, general CE items would be a lot of what SC2 has.

Art book

Behind the scenes DVD (But I want something that hasn't been seen until CE is released. And I want some GOOD stuff, like the first modeling of the WD, or the first concept, how they came to be, Why they made these changes, why this, why that. I want some good in-depth quality.

Soundtrack for sure

DLC for CE only. Like someone earlier suggest, maybe some wicked dyes if they are a feature, or some awesome item customization or something.

WoW pet is pretty much inevitable, but I'm kind of okay with that, because as mentioned, eBay it and there's some of my money back.

I would LOVE a [email protected]$$ huge poster of Tyrael. But artwork that is only available to the CE owners, and something extremely unique. That would be awesome.

I'm sure there are lots of other things people will come up with later.

17. DBaron

DBaron IncGamers Member

I would love to see alot of the old artwork, designs and concepts from Blizzard North's original take on D3, and the reasons for not using it. Also, a Stone of Jordon would sorta be funny to see.

For the usb they could use a soulstone shard maybe, or rune.

18. Slevinn

Slevinn IncGamers Member

Hole...Lee....$#*&

That's it. That should be the CE item. A ring. The Stone of Jordan. It's perfect. You my friend, are a genius! Haha.

Or maybe something to do with a rainbow? But I think that would just piss people off.. Haha.. But maybe in addition, just to stick to to the haters? They complain, saying the game sucks, but they buy the CE anyway, Blizz slips a rainbow in there to pop up and say "HAHA YOU TALK CRAP BUT BUY CE! ENJOY A FACE FULL OF COLOR!"

Also, they won't have Blizzard North stuff I don't think. It wasn't their product.

19. Sass

Sass IncGamers Member

O.O the Rainbow Tshirt! :p