Colder than a witch's boobie

caddad

Diabloii.Net Member
My wife's parents just left for home, when they got off the plane there it was -15 before windchill.

It's barely freezing here.

-D2netDad

kobold

Banned
I don't like your choice of modifiers, Smeg. Being cold just makes 'em pointy. :cool:

4 Celsius, 39 Fahrenheit here.

Thelioness

Diabloii.Net Member
In the 50s here with a high expected to be around 60 this afternoon.

Kobold, I am guessing then you have never heard the phrase, "Colder than a witch's __ " although my family tends to add more to it. "in a brass bra" and if it really cold, then she may be "flying through the fog"

Freet

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I came to work this morning wearing a polo shirt and slacks while running the air conditioner. It is raining now though so I might have to pull my jacket out of the trunk later this after noon. [/gloating]

Yaboosh

Diabloii.Net Member
It has been pretty chilly lately. We are sitting at 75 degrees currently, but it gets all the way down to the upper 50's at night. Frigid.

Amra

Diabloii.Net Member
In the 50s here with a high expected to be around 60 this afternoon.
I am not too far from nessy so it's much the same here. I am loving it. Too bad I am inside though. :sad2:

I was outside last night about 9pm doing some work.

Thelioness said:
"in a brass bra" and if it really cold, then she may be "flying through the fog"
You know, I don't think I've heard either one of those phrases before.

How does the fog apply to the temperature? :scratch:

PatMaGroin

Diabloii.Net Member
It's an overcast and very comfortbale 72 F here, yesterday felt great too.

Cold front movin in late tonight, the high tomorrow is in the low 50s, dippin in the 20s that night.

A week from now it'll be in the 70s again, then goin back down to freezing sooner or later.

Such is East Texas weather.

59 right now , an expected high of 66......Snow in the forecast for tomorrow night and through the weekend.
Such is Michigan weather

kobold

Banned
Kobold, I am guessing then you have never heard the phrase, "Colder than a witch's __ " although my family tends to add more to it. "in a brass bra" and if it really cold, then she may be "flying through the fog"
Nope, the phrase I'm used to is "freeze the balls off of a brass monkey".

It was just an opening for a boobie comment. Can't pass those up.

gorf

Diabloii.Net Member
Try living in the Yukon. -35 -> -40C throughout the last week. Finally warmed up to -25 yesterday evening. My breaks down and cries if I even look at it. I doubt witches would live here, tits or not.

On the upside, our infrastructure is built to handle this. I'd hate to be in Vancouver for the huge snowstorm they just had. City drivers + snow = wheeeeeeeCRUNCH!

Gorf

Cannon Fodder

Diabloii.Net Member
Nope, the phrase I'm used to is "freeze the balls off of a brass monkey".

Well, that was a letdown. I was all set to ramble on about how I found out a year or two ago where that phrase originated from and how cool it was. I looked it up to be sure I was getting the story right, and what do I find out? Oh yea, it's total fiction. Boo that, I liked that story. Glad to know I've been spreading around yet more internet-generated rubbish.

Anyways, on topic: it's 56 F here right now, supposed to dip below freezing on Friday. No snow yet this year though, which is strange. I think I can remember more white Thanksgivings than white Christmasses(sp?).

Star Dust

Diabloii.Net Member
It is and has been in the 50's and 60's lately, but the ****'s gonna hit the fan tomorrow. 20's and 30's with rain/sleet/snow.

EDIT: in STL

kobold

Banned
Well, that was a letdown. I was all set to ramble on about how I found out a year or two ago where that phrase originated from and how cool it was. I looked it up to be sure I was getting the story right, and what do I find out? Oh yea, it's total fiction. Boo that, I liked that story. Glad to know I've been spreading around yet more internet-generated rubbish.
I thought it was just that a brass monkey was the term for the rack that held cannon balls on ships.

What was your ramble? I'm curious now.