Cold Mastery or Synergy for Blizz pvm??

PheonixLeader

Diabloii.Net Member
Cold Mastery or Synergy for Blizz pvm??

Hi,

I was wondering what is better : max cold mastery or max the 4th synergy skill for blizz (so, more dmg or -res. ?). Keep in mind that this is just for pvm (baal run and mfing).

ThX

korialstraz

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Cold Mastery or Synergy for Blizz pvm??

Depends on how much +skills you have, but I would aim for lowering res with about -100% and if you can get that just focus on the synergy. That's just my opinion though, and maybe someone prefer to get the res even lower.

lukefojut

Diabloii.Net Member

Blizzard only has three synergies - can you clarify what you mean?

PheonixLeader

Diabloii.Net Member

korialstraz : Ok, thx.

lukefojut: I know, but i won't be able to max blizz+3 synergies+cold mastery. Was asking if synergy dmg bonus is better than the -res. from cold mastery.

ProfessionalBerg

Diabloii.Net Member

Max mastery - until you hit the absolute lower resist cap for any enemy (-100%), CM gives better damage returns for each point invested than any of the synergies. However, when you reach around -175% enemy cold resist (will bring Meph's resist from +75% to -100%), it stops being as good as before, so you can focus on damage dealing instead (i.e. the synergy).

So, aim for lvl 32 CM for the ultimate damage dealing, and if you can achieve that with +skills with less than 20 hard points, by all means, pump a synergy.