Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cold Mastery & Hell Meph

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by KTang, Mar 13, 2004.

1. KTang

KTang <font color="#93ad4f">Official Diablo 3 Item Value

Cold Mastery & Hell Meph

How much cold mastery is required to get Meph down the shrimp size? Saw it in a post but I kinda forgot -_- Something like 27 cold mastery wears Meph down to -100 res or whatever..

2. KTang

Also got a question on sacrificing MF for Killing power..(i mean don't do it not do it :))

I'm using snowclash, vipermagi and +3 cold skill amu..But i would prefer to use Tal amu/belt/plate for the very nice MF, let alone I need the res. The thing is, my damage goes down by 1000 (I would be using Ormus but I cant find one -_- no one will do meteor for ormus :/) but I gain more MF..using PT shako, ali/rhyme switch, WTs and Frost burn, which i will soon change for chancies because I don't need the mana boost anymore :) Plan to use 2 nagels also..Thanks

Also, what mana is good for a blizz sorc?

3. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

All you need is the extra MF from Ali+Rhyme on switch, chancies, shako
    Leavethe rest likeit is. Ifyou see problem when you kill meph you can still swap for tals amu/armor/belt.

What kind of Sorc are you playing KTang? Pure BLizzard? If so then all points into CM that you have :p lvl20 CM go for it!

If -1000 damage does not matter too much for the time in which you can kill Mephisto you migth aswell change your setup, but you ened to try that out!

4. KTang

Indeed it is pure blizzard :D
    Well I have a new problem. I can kill him in about 5 blizzards, I switch on the 5th, he moves and walks into my old blizzard so I don't get the MF kill :/ Also have another problem..I'm at 60 FCR, should I sacrifice a nagel for a 10 fcr ring? Got one with 10 fcr 89 mana to replace..And as for CM, plan to max Ice bolt first then all will go in CM, I don't even have static -_- If i were to wear my power-killing gear (REALLY need to get a ormus :s) he'd probaly die in 3 hits, so I think I should use my tal bonus as he already dies fast enough ;)

5. melianor

Sorry KTang, but thats an illusion. YOur current MF gets applied when Meph dies. It does not matter if he gets killed by your "old" BLizzard. Thata mere illusion. You are just trying to find a reason why not your leet items are dropping. MF is all about luck after all ;)

MAX CM first :p it pays of alot more. 5 hits is okay i guess :)

you will onyl need the 63%+ fcr to teleport down to him, otherwise you should be fine with 60 for killing.

6. KTang

Well..what should i do for the 63 FCR? I'm 3 fcr short afterall, no room for wiz spike switch :/ And only done a few mf runs, trying to see if its going alright first :D Getting to him is a pain with 60 FCR, maybe i should use a 10 fcr ring to get to him and go back to nagel for killing..

7. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

IIRC the setup which you have out on the moment of kill counts, not the setup when casting the spell. So if you cast a blizzard and you switch to mfgear and the old blizzard kills him your mfsetup counts.

Slvl 32 (-175%) cold mastery is the maximum you'll ever want for PvM, unless you take on Dclone or duriel a lot, then up to slvl 36 is worth it. For pvp as high as possible.

8. KTang

Ok now I've got a question for gear (Thanks for the reply Soepgroente btw :) and cheers for the help meli :D)

I think I have about 568 MF..is that really needed? If i took off that, traded it for kill power, id lose 192 mf...but gain 24 mf from vipermagi, meaning..168 mf loss. That would still leave me with 400 MF, and even BETTER killing power, maybe 3-5 hits :/ Would 400 MF be the better choice, or 568 MF and a bit slower killing power..thanks for feedback.

9. melianor

400 MF is way enough and so the better choice! :D

10. KTang

Oh cool :D Thanks for the advice, I think my res might be poor though if I use it, so I'll have to crunch some numbers and see what happens..
    edit: Crunched em and lookie what I found..I lose 100 mana also, and that puts me to 418 :/ Teleing wears that away fast. Would it be better to sub frostburns for chance? losing 32 mf puts be back down to erm..368 :/

11. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

As long as you don't go below 250 you're not really suffering :)

The more the better, as long as it doesn't make you kill slower or die more. Needing to walk instead of teleport counts as slowdown too ;)

12. KTang

Cheers, what I did was swap a nagel for a 110 mana ring (two sojs would be nicer :)) but i do have a 10 fcr 89 ring, but if iused that I wouldn't be reaching the breakpoint. If i used tal I'd be doing 7k per blizz now, at the moment i do 8k, maybe i should switch back to tal and go for the bigger mf bonus? Or just be happy with what i have, fantastic killing speed and good enough mf? :D

13. melianor

I would do alot to reach the 63% FCR breakpoint ;)

14. KTang

If I used tal, i would definatly need to sub a nagel to reach the break point. But my other build (If not using tal i mean, by that i mean my other gear not other sorc :D)
    I use 3 cold amu 35 life, vipermagi (20 fcr, or was it 30?) and snowclash.

Thats..
    Vipermagi - 20 (or 30..i think its 30 its 30 isnt it -_-)
    Lidless - 20 (20 right?)
    Deaths fanthom - 20

Thats all my FCR gear, i think vipermagi HAS to be 30 otherwise I wouldn't be teleing faster then I do with tals as that gives 20 with the bonus also..

With tals i gain a good deal of MF, while still maintaining killing speed. Just not as fast as the other build, which has higher killing speed (about 1000 more dmg) but requires to use a ring due to lack of mana, but it already has the FCR required. IT also has a lower MF though, but still enough to MF at a pace. With the Tals I'll need to use a ring anyway to hit the breakpoint, the mana will be a bonus :)

15. melianor

Aeh... KTang...

30% Viper (yes 30 :p)
    20% Fathom
    20% Lidless

Thats all you need! Thats 70% :p
    Stick with that.

Are you talking full Tal's Set?!?!

50% Full Tal's
    20% Lidless

Also enough, no? Rhyme just on switch for the KILLING Blow. Remember that your killing blow counts for MF and not the "old" spell you cast that kills Mephi or whoever ;)