Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cold Mastery and Cold Armours

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by FrostBurn, Oct 6, 2006.

1. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Cold Mastery and Cold Armours

With regards to the cold damage from both Shiver and Chilling Armours, will they do additional damage to non-CI monsters when a sorceress places points into CM?

My initial thought was yes. But then I reasoned that the retaliation damage to monsters from Shiver and Chilling Armours are not directly cast by the sorceress.

In that respect, could it be that the attacks from these armours be similar to, for example, LS for a trapsin, or skellies for a necro, i.e. they are regarded as minions, and therefore do not benefit from facets, or in the case of the sorceress, CM?

2. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Cold Armors may be passive, but I highly doubt their damage gets treated as if they were minions. TStorm is also passive and benefits from Lightning Mastery, so I don't see why Cold Armors wouldn't benefit from Cold Mastery.

3. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Hmm, I forgot about that. In which case it would make sense that the damage from the cold armours will benefit from CM.

Edit: Although LM is +% lightning damage, which will show on the LCS when TStorm is active. Still, the principle should be the same with CM and the cold armours.

4. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

There was someone in the sorc forum a while back that said he was using a fully synergized cold armor attack for PvP. I know he said that CM was part of his build.

*I'm not saying this was a good build, but they only way it would work at all was if CM applied.