Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cold length stacking?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by FrolfFreak, Apr 1, 2004.

1. FrolfFreak

FrolfFreak IncGamers Member

Cold length stacking?

I read somewhere (the magezon guide, i think), that cold length from different things stack. Is it true? And if so, how does that work, exactly? Say i have two small charms with cold damage, dinky 1-2 cold damage for 1 second on each. If i put both of them in my inventory would that add up to 2 seconds' worth of chilling for struck targets?

-FF

P.S. At some point i should maybe do a self-intro thread, so you guys will know me as someone other than "that really annoying guy that keeps posting questions!" :)

2. kuda

kuda IncGamers Member

yup, i think that's how it works, but the duration gets halved in Nightmare and quartered in Hell difficulty, IIRC.

P.S. Welcome to the forums!

3. Mage11

Mage11 IncGamers Member

You got it!

The real benefits come for an amazon with Freezing Arrow. As this only freezes your opponents for 2 seconds (which becomes one second in NM and half a second in Hell), you can extend the freezing time with cold charms. Note that your cold charms will have one second freeze duration, so if you have 6 cold charms, that will extend the freezing time from 2 seconds to 8 seconds (which will be 4 seconds in NM and 2 seconds in Hell).

Even better are the items that add their cold durations. For example, an Eye of Etlich can have up to 10 seconds freezing time all by itself, which is great with the splash from freezing arrow.

If you're not sure about the freezing duration, you can easily check with ATMA, as it shows these stats.

4. Zarhrezz

Zarhrezz IncGamers Member

Even better, cold and freeze duration are increased by cold-dealing items for the amazon cold bow skills, so yes, you can make Frozen Arrow do some major long-time area freezing.
    The stacking is simple, look at cold duration per item in ATMA, add them to the cold/freeze duration of the skill used and modify for difficulty. Also note that the +cold damage from these items is added to the area cold damage inflicted by Frozen Arrow and thus dealt to everything in the freeze area. Kinda nice there is Raven Frost.

5. FrolfFreak

Does this also work with Assassin's Blades of Ice and the 3rd charge of Phoenix Strike? I never could figure out what the freeze duration on that 3rd charge is, and if it increases with more skill points in Phoenix Strike.

-FF

6. BIGeyedBUG

BIGeyedBUG IncGamers Member

The freeze of BoI and the 3rd charge of PS starts at 4 seconds and goes up .4 seconds per skill level. Unfortunately, cold duration on items will do nothing do increase this.

That's what put my Ice Queen Assassin on hiatus. :xsnow:

7. FrolfFreak

Ah, so much for that. But atleast kicks and blade fury will benefit from this cold length stacking. Thanks to all for your help.

-FF