Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Cold Immune question

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by JFilth, Sep 10, 2006.

1. JFilth

JFilth IncGamers Member

Cold Immune question

I was planning on making a pure blizz sorc and I was looking through the threads here and noticed the one about breaking immunities and there was a post that stated that there were certain cold immunes that can't be broken unless I use conviction and lower resist and there are some that can't be broken at all. Now I plan on using infinity on my merc but I don't have a way to cast lower resist.

My question is where are these cold immunes that can't be broken and what type of monsters are they? (I ask this to know if my merc would be able to kill them)

I want this sorc to be my main character and be able to go anywhere in the game so I would like to know this before I make her so I'm not disapointed when I get her to hell.

Thanks in advance.

2. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Give your merc a high damage Infinity, static the hold group, hold down TK and click on monster.

The merc will prod the offending monster to death.

3. FrostBurn

FrostBurn IncGamers Member

Pure Blizzard sorcs and Infinity mercs do not go well together. A slvl 17 CM and Infinity merc gives a total of -185% to enemy cold resistance, which is overkill for most non-CI monsters.

Even if you put no points in CM, it will still not be ideal, since a pure Blizzy will have +skills to the cold tree, making CM investment a light investment. A few points in CM with +skills will easily get you to slvl 17 CM, and -100% to enemy cold resistance is decent for most regular monsters.

The -185% only comes in handy if you plan to run Hell Meph and Hell Baal a lot. Even then, a pure Blizzy can spare the points in CM to bring it up to slvl 32 with +skills.

If you're referring to the post I'm thinking of, check out Arreat Summit's monster info for how high monsters' cold immunities go to.

4. JFilth

JFilth IncGamers Member

Thanks for the advice guys. I went over to the summit and checked out wich monsters I wont be able to break immunities and decided I'm going to make a Light sorc instead :smiley:.